Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Dla good news

(17 Posts)
PearlyWhites Mon 15-Jul-13 11:05:33

My dd has just been awarded dla am so relived as the money will really help pay for her therapy and appointment with Daphne Keen.
My dd is on the asd pathway but does not yet have a dx so I wanted to encourage others not to wait for a dx before claiming dla as you don't need one.

tacal Mon 15-Jul-13 12:31:32

That's really good news.

SoleSource Mon 15-Jul-13 18:04:18

I'm pleased for you, all the best.

Blessyou Mon 15-Jul-13 18:05:06

smile great news!

finallyasilverlining Tue 16-Jul-13 20:37:15

Well done! I have just received a text message from the DLA to say my DS has been awarded it too but not sure what rates it says they will put it in writing...don't suppose anyone else has had this happen? how long did it take to get a letter?

mumof5plusazoo Tue 16-Jul-13 20:44:05

That's great, well done.

That's great news, am just waiting for the forms to arrive to start filling them in for my daughters D.V.D. (dyspraxia). The senco reckons I could be entitled to it. Will probably be on here soon asking for help as I find filling forms in really hard because I have D.V.D. too!

Sorry ment DCD not DVD!!

2boysnamedR Tue 16-Jul-13 21:50:27

I have no Dx and been told I will never get one! I get middle rate DLA because ds has dyspraxia / asd symptoms

2boysnamedR Tue 16-Jul-13 21:52:06

It is brilliant news as like you I use it to buy his OT equipment and plan go private for salt and private tutoring during summer and then pay for other therapy from there

OMGGG Tue 16-Jul-13 22:02:32

good news. my ds gets dla, i got a text message 5 days after i sent the application off but the letter didnt come for weeks after. money was deposited sooner than the letter arrived.
you can call them and ask what the rate is that has been awarded. they may tell you they cant but they will and they can.

PearlyWhites Wed 17-Jul-13 07:51:03

Thanks , it was very quick too less than two weeks after I sent off the forms.
I haven't had a letter yet I got a text message and rang the number to find out the rate and length of award.

PearlyWhites Wed 17-Jul-13 07:51:55

Shannaratiger pm me if you need any help.

OMGGG Wed 17-Jul-13 08:09:52

letters seem to take a lifetime!
just for info to anyone applying i sent in our private psyc report, i filled in a supplementary form, and a diary of a day in the life of ds. i was very pleased they didnt have to write to gp school or paed. i think thats what takes the time.
good luck shannaratiger

PearlyWhites Wed 17-Jul-13 08:12:52

2boys don't answer if it's personal but why were you told you would never get a dx for your ds?

PearlyWhites Wed 17-Jul-13 08:13:36

Yes OMGGG I sent off every report I had so they didn't need to ask for extra info.

finallyasilverlining Wed 17-Jul-13 12:44:49

I sent reports off too, If your child is school age send any IEP's etc too they back up the majority of what you are writing. I even sent confirmation letters for appointments which haven't happened yet. On the additional notes on the back page I went onto the internet and copied the info about my DS's diagnosis too so they had a fuller picture of his difficulties just in case I missed anything. They received it on the 8th and I got the text yesterday so I take it they haven't contacted anyone (thank god! School could of caused some problems) or they have a staff member with experience?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now