Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Children with autism out of school

(9 Posts)
AgnesDiPesto Thu 04-Jul-13 20:54:19

I'm not connected to Ambitious about Autism but they are running a survey on the reasons children with autism often spend time out of school and what the solutions might be here
Ambitious about Autism have done some good reports in the past and tend to get good press and political attention so may be one worth filling in.

inappropriatelyemployed Thu 04-Jul-13 20:59:46

Saw that Agnes and retweeted. Just completed it.

Hope all well with you?

joanjones Thu 04-Jul-13 21:59:44

I have just completed this and said that I would be interested in sharing our story.
Whilst completing the survey I have just realised the irony of school asking me to keep ds at home for 2 weeks to avoid any exclusions!!!

AgnesDiPesto Fri 05-Jul-13 13:02:13

bump

BlackeyedSusan Fri 05-Jul-13 17:40:07

where is the survey?

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 05-Jul-13 18:51:29

Linked above

bochead Thu 11-Jul-13 23:11:08

bump

AAA are one of the few charities that do seem to still be advocating for our children rather than just swallowing the current party line.

inappropriatelyemployed Thu 11-Jul-13 23:19:58

Mm, they are part of the SENDirect brokerage.

bochead Thu 11-Jul-13 23:29:16

Well at least they provide a 1/2 way decent service or two (eg parent & school training in ABA = measurable outcomes).

Frankly I remain less than impressed with many charities right now as I can't see what they are doing other than justifying the continued survival of their appalling service offerings.

AAA are actively doing something to show that there is an alternative to the "build a sensory room & patronisingly tell Mum her kid is "happy"'. For that I have to respect them. (Sally Bercow we can discuss another time wink).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now