Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone want to join us on a good value holiday?

(27 Posts)

www.hesfes.co.uk/

Likely to be enough strange people to fit in okay I reckon, not to mention a number of dx and undx children with SN.

bochead Mon 17-Jun-13 12:10:20

oooooh!

This looks good! Lots of science/nature studies type stuff for DS.

We are already booked on the Welsh Home ed camp, but the Devon one didn't look like we'd quite "fit" iykwim.

If I can sort the finances we'll be in.

I have a similar plan to IE's for the next school year so the more people I can network with, the more info & resources I'll have to make it a good experience for DS iysiwm.

Badvoc Mon 17-Jun-13 12:32:18

Oh! I was desperate to go to this when we were home schooling ds!
Do let me know what it was like if you go star x

Why can't you come?

I figure DS might be in school but I'm still HE.

And I'm 100% HE my 1yr old.

Badvoc Mon 17-Jun-13 12:53:45

Just no funds this year...sad
Would love to know that it's like though...

moondog Mon 17-Jun-13 13:56:28

That looks very interesting and bound to attract some quite wacky folk. grin
(Note: I am allowed to say that as I was home educated myself for a time.)
My American contacts tell me that over there it is God fearing' gun totin' raging right wingers who HE. Quite different demographic in British Isles.

It is unfortunate there is a rogue apostrophe on the home page.

Ineedmorepatience Mon 17-Jun-13 13:58:33

It looks great starlight, its just a bit far for me.

mymatemax Mon 17-Jun-13 14:44:21

Ohh Stonham Barns is near me, we could call in & meet you all!

Dunno if it is any good, but we figured it was an okay price for a week of camping with facilities, even if we just ignored everyone else grin, though we're hoping that it is something we'll like.

DH is particularly keen though he was privately educated. Usually whenever we go camping we end up with teachers either side. At least there is a reduced chance of that wink.

So I think we'll book it shortly.

We're also going Here
IIRC a number of MNers from the mainboard but sensible ones also go.

mymatemax Mon 17-Jun-13 15:54:34

Starlight, ahve you looked at folkeast, also looks good.

inappropriatelyemployed Mon 17-Jun-13 16:47:27

Looks good but don't think DS would cope with all the kids! Now, take away the kids and he'd be fine. grin

MumuDeLulu Mon 17-Jun-13 18:38:41

Oooh. Looks amazing! I wonder is it possible to go without resulting in the dc all banding together and insisting on being home-edded <thinking cap>

mymatemax Mon 17-Jun-13 18:56:57

inappropriately, there is loads of countryside for your ds to find a quiet spot, if he really hates it he can come & bounce on my trampoline & ahve it all to himself.
Also not too far from miles of deserted suffolk beaches!

IE I suspect they aren't your 'regular' kids there.

There'll be a mix, but many will be used to conversing with adults and I would put money on a lot of them being a bit like him.

Would it not give you a 'feel' for the type of 'school' that might suit him?

I don't know, but I get the impression there is plenty of space.

Dawndonna Mon 17-Jun-13 19:12:36

Stonham barns is near me, too! It's a nice area, for those going, and funnily enough, cider place is near by!
(Aspalls)

Dawndonna Mon 17-Jun-13 19:12:49

nearby. Sorry.

mymatemax Mon 17-Jun-13 19:14:39

Oh Dawndonna... how near are you?

Dawndonna Mon 17-Jun-13 21:19:58

't'other side of Diss. grin

mymatemax Mon 17-Jun-13 22:19:56

Not far then, Im in Aldeburgh

bochead Mon 17-Jun-13 23:00:29

How far is it from Ipswich Town?

I used to live there & 'twould be lovely to pop back for a game of dominoes in the Caribbean if only to recover a portion of my misspent youth for one afternoon.

Will hopefully be going with a friend & her 6 year old daughter. Her girl is likely to dive into the dance and drama stuff while my lad gets stuck into the science.

Your idea of getting a "feel" for the sort of school that might suit is a valid one Star, as I'm reading between the lines to get the impression that my recent troubles were more to do with upcoming funding changes than anything personal.

Dawndonna Mon 17-Jun-13 23:31:48

We nip over to Woodbridge regularly, book shopping!

mymatemax Tue 18-Jun-13 17:16:10

Oooh I recon about 15 miles, will take you about 20 mins, can either nip up the A14 or go accross country.

Dawndonna I was in Woodbridge yesterday.

Yay, a proper derailing, a recruit,......

Any other takers?

mymatemax Wed 26-Jun-13 17:14:41

Starlight, I might come along for an hour or two just to see if I can guess which one is you? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now