Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can I brag a little bit?!

(31 Posts)
CouthyMow Thu 16-May-13 17:01:05

DD has MLD's. She sat a mock GCSE paper in Health & Social care a while back, with the help of a reader, a scribe, and 25% extra time.

She got a 'B' for her mock!!!!

shockgringringringrin

CouthyMow Fri 17-May-13 16:19:52

She is looking forward to her work experience in July, too - we have found Work experience in a local cake shop (she wants to become a baker), which is run by a man with severe dyspraxia - he is as ditzy as DD, he lost the work experience forms not once but three times - but he understands DD's issues.

He has even told me that of she does well then there is the chance of a Saturday job for her!

NotAnotherPackedLunch Fri 17-May-13 16:28:13

That's brilliant.
You must be bursting with pride.
Thanks for posting - it's put a smile on my face.

zzzzz Fri 17-May-13 16:30:23

Oh such a lovely read. Send kisses from all the geese. What a clever clever girl.

grin

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 17-May-13 16:35:34

Oh excellent well done to your DD and great about the work experience too. (Ds's work experience in yr 10 really helped him turn a confidence corner.)

How fantastic! So good to hear lovely news x

SanityClause Mon 20-May-13 21:17:49

That's brilliant about the work experience, as well. Not many people know what they want to do for a living at that age, and baking would be a brilliant career if she really wants to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now