Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Potty training

(8 Posts)
ScooseIsLooseOnTheLoopyJuice Wed 24-Apr-13 17:07:17

Thank you I will look at those smile

salondon Wed 24-Apr-13 17:06:38
ScooseIsLooseOnTheLoopyJuice Wed 24-Apr-13 09:45:38

Thank you for your advice smile

Not if she has potential SN, in fact they'd be on a sticky wicket denying anyone a place due to not being toilet trained. 'Tis discrimination and in contravention of the Equalities bill (taken over from disability discrimination bill.)

That was exactly the pickle I got into 11 years ago, when I was firmly in denial about my DS's SN. I just wanted him to start preschool to help with his social development and be like all the other DC. blush

Very few 3 year olds have a firm DX, that fact that she's being investigated is enough for you to delay toilet training until she's developmentally ready. Of course, she may be ready, it's worth a try this summer, but don't sweat it if she's not. smile

ScooseIsLooseOnTheLoopyJuice Wed 24-Apr-13 07:46:30

Thank you for the reply she is due to start nursery in September and don't they have to be toilet trained for that?

Hmm, I'd say leave it as late as possible until you are sure she's ready. I was in denial about DS's issues determined to get DS trained before preschool, but it made the whole thing much much harder. He wasn't ready and developed a habit of pooping in his pants that is still not completely sorted 10 years later.

ScooseIsLooseOnTheLoopyJuice Tue 23-Apr-13 18:11:27

Bump

ScooseIsLooseOnTheLoopyJuice Tue 23-Apr-13 16:49:27

Hi all our dd is 2.8 we are currently awaiting an autistic spectrum pathway assessment as she is displaying alot of the traits and has a significant expressive and spontaneous speech delay. Can anyone give me any advice on how to go about toilet training? Would it be best to go straight to toilet or use a potty? Any tips/advice are gratefully received as I just don't know where to start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now