Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Hand holding needed...

(29 Posts)
CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Tue 23-Apr-13 14:52:48

DS1 was taken to hospital this morning. He had a seizure that lasted over 10 mins, had to call an ambulance out.

He had been unresponsive for about an hour before, we couldn't wake him up, just thought he was overtired and really deeply asleep.

Was getting frustrated as he would be late for school, so I popped downstairs to grab a drink.

Heard a massive this, three myself up the stairs 5 steps at a time, found him on floor breathing bit quite right & still unresponsive.

Called ex up as he's first aid trained, as he came up the stairs, DS1 started twitching - not jerking but obvious twitching. Still unresponsive. He was breathing really slowly and shallowly too.

So I went to call NHS direct but by the time I told them I was in England ex shouted that I needed to ring for ambulance.

DS1 fine now laughing and joking but massive headache and achy limbs.

They are sending him to the 'first fit' clinic for an EEG & MRI.

He's never shown any signs before but he had just hit puberty, even though he's only just 11 his voice has started going weird the last two weeks etc.

I feel so guilty this is all MY fault if I didn't have stupid bastard epilepsy he'd have not had this, I bet.

I just hope it never happens again.

Sorry I'm garbled just really stressed.

magso Wed 24-Apr-13 08:42:23

You did your best. I find it hard to think clearly when its my own child (Ds had a couple of long seizures together some years back and someone else rang the ambulance whilst I tipped water over him thinking it was the heat!)- you reacted fine. Don't blame yourself! Hope you stop shaking soon. Honks

troutsprout Wed 24-Apr-13 09:40:18

Sorry didn't see this yesterday Couthy
<< grabs hand>>... Scary

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Wed 24-Apr-13 13:10:15

DS1 seemed ok this morning, quite achy, but I know myself that that is quite 'normal' after a sz.

He went to school, and I haven't had a call yet...

<<Touches wood>>

He seemed a lot more calm and less verbally aggressive this morning, and got up nicely and got ready really well.

I'm wondering if his terrible attitude d rudeness is somehow connected, as he seems a lot more the DS1 he usually is than he has been for the last couple of weeks.

I'm going to watch him like a hawk if his behaviour starts to deteriorate again!

I'm ok now too, hoping it was a one-off, if not, we will cross that bridge when we come to it,

Had a busy day already today, 2 hr allergist appointment for DS3 at the Hospital, I have a Y6 residential trip and SATS meeting at the school at 3pm for DS1, and then straight back to...the Hospital...for DS2's Hydrotherapy.

I will have spent more time in the Hospital in the last 48 hrs than I have at home!!

And all 3 DS's will have been there in the last 2 days. All of them.

Bleurgh.

NoHaudinMaWheest Wed 24-Apr-13 15:30:04

Glad Ds and you are feeling better today.
Maybe ask for a camp bed at the hospital grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now