Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Nursery have received draft statement anything we should check for when we receive our copy ?

(6 Posts)
autumnsmum Wed 17-Apr-13 11:58:18

Hello apparently dds nursery have received a copy of dds draft statement .Dp and I haven't received a copy yet but when we do what should we check for . We have been given very little guidance as to what the statement should contain thanks in advance

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Wed 17-Apr-13 13:40:47

'Never Knowingly Helpful' should be a moto for all LAs. I had to go to DS1's school to pick up a copy of the draft. Don't wait for the LA if they won't email it. Phone the nursery and get a copy from them.

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Wed 17-Apr-13 13:45:00

Obtain copy from nursery.

Once you have done that you will need to go through Parts 2 and 3 with a fine toothcomb and seek independent advice as to its proper wording. Support needs to be both specified and quantified as per case law; if it is not then it needs to be rejected.

You do not want to see woolly worded or minded provision let alone accept same e.g child x may need help with xyz.

IPSEA and or SOSSEN could help too with the above.

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Wed 17-Apr-13 13:48:43
autumnsmum Wed 17-Apr-13 18:11:25

Thanks everyone sen dept phoned dp this afternoon which I was slightly peeved about as I have attended all meetings etc .They asked if we had recieved a copy of draft statement which we hadn't emailed it to dp just read it and it has more holes than a pair of fishnet tights !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now