Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Stirred up the hornets' nest?

(31 Posts)
Inappropriatelyemployed Wed 10-Apr-13 19:42:11

I completely lost my patience with my LA yesterday and lodged three complaints for the first time since I was branded 'vexatious' two years ago.

DS has been without OT for 8 months. We applied for DPs for it and they said 'we have a block contract'. But what use is that to him if he hasn't been getting any provision? They know we have been paying for it as it was all raised at Tribunal. Now they have asked our OT to do it through their block contract as she also works part-time for the NHS. She told me - not them. They have asked her to do one extra visit next term but have reduced the hours attributed to each visit to make up for it - irrespective of what his statement says.

Secondly, we got DPs for SLT four months ago. They still haven't paid a penny but are banging on about independent evaluation of our programme. Do they independently evaluate their own block contract? Chance would be a fine thing!

Lastly, they dragged us needlessly to Tribunal over a request for extra hours made by school. Costing us money we will never get back. Calling our head as a witness when they knew he was asking for the hours. They then conceded a couple of weeks before. They never produced any evidence to support their case.

It annoys me so much as they think you will be so happy they have conceded that you will walk away.

I know I have now stirred up a hornets nest but I am tired of this bunch of shits. The woman dealing with the DPs is the same lying tosser who circulated malicious gossip about me before the last Tribunal.

They're a complete bunch of deceitful tossers.

Does any LA treat people straightforwardly?

inappropriatelyemployed Thu 11-Apr-13 22:22:42

I feel for you Agnes, I really do. As there is no logic to their behaviour and there is precious little way of challenging it. Have you looked at JR for the refusal?

Knowing that there is a 'team' of publicly paid officials out there who would happily shaft your child because of their own petty personal indignation at being exposed by a parent who wants measurable provision is an horrendous thing to live with.

AgnesDiPesto Thu 11-Apr-13 23:27:41

IE will send you pm

'The LA staff would clearly pay shed loads of money just to stop us getting any useful help because they hate us so much'

Yes. Sorry.

I don't even know how to express my anger at this. I bailed but it is still eating me up.

2tirednot2fight Fri 12-Apr-13 17:14:07

So sorry you are going through this again IE, good luck with your complaints. I am waiting for no 3 LGO provisional report to be made final so I can apply for JR. There is fault found again but LA officer has completely pulled the wool over the LGO OFFICER so remedy is laughable, parent is the problem! Sounds like a familiar response? Most important aspects of complaint are not even mentioned let alone addressed. Hope you get resolution without needing to go to the LGO.

inappropriatelyemployed Fri 12-Apr-13 17:44:55

God it is relentless isn't it? I hate the way the LGO just opens the door to this poor behaviour and conduct.

If they talk a really firm stance and just implemented their own good practice guidance on this or recommended that LAs follow the law, they wouldn't act with impunity.

2tirednot2fight Mon 15-Apr-13 17:43:44

Completely agree IE and beginning to wonder what the point of the LGO really is when it comes to SEN. I really hope that a JR application will aid my understanding as the behaviour of officers and the systemic delays and ignoring of key issues confuses me completely.

It's not just the professionalism or lack of it that bothers me but the lack of accountability and the fact that the LGO tell me they have no complaints procedure for looking at dissatisfaction with their service. What makes them beyond question and without any margin for error on their part?

I wish there was more that could be done but it seems we all fight our own battles in isolation and therefore there is no oversight of patterns of dissatisfaction or areas where the LGO fails to respect laid down legislation. So frustrating, feels like the service mirrors the behaviour complained about to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now