Hi, got a feeling draft statement is going to arrive during Easter holidays.bSo once it is in my hands, how long do we have to go back to LA with proposed changes? Am I obliged to include school in this process? They have tried to influence my decision and I'm guessing they will be panicking that we will be acting without their involvement. They have tried to influence us to choose special schools that are not ASD specific, I believe they have prob done their homework about where it would be easy to get a place I want him in the ASD school, if there's a wait then I want him to stay put until space is available. Any advice/pears of wisdom out there. Do we try and go it alone with this, or do I get PP on side, I am wary of PP.
I would look specifically at Parts 2 and 3 of this document because these are the most important parts of the whole thing. The statement needs to be both specified and quantified in terms of provision; if not it needs to be rejected.
Apart from asking on here I would also suggest you have a word with IPSEA or SOSSEN re content of parts 2 and 3 because they can also advise you as to wording. Unlike PP, they are both fully independent of LEAs.