Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Left the doctors in tears again, so hard isnt it :(

(9 Posts)
FreshWest Tue 26-Mar-13 10:10:53

Not sure if this may be clutching at straws for you, did you get anything in writing at all re the April / may appt?
Just that we had a similar thing where paed letter said 3 months, rang them when appt was due as we hadn't received a letter, they said the computer was saying 9 months. I argued that I had a letter and they honoured the original appt.
I agree it's absolutely frustrating and draining when all you want is the best for your child. I have lost count of the number of calls I have had to make chasing people. The EP now knows me by sight and whenever i see him he always says " ah MrsFresh, how are you and how is miniFresh?" blush

Handywoman Mon 25-Mar-13 20:16:00

Draining is the perfect word.

Handywoman Mon 25-Mar-13 20:15:15

Am in Herts. It is really getting me down as well, it is not healthy being preoccupied with is she/isn't she when you know darn well it could be sorted in half a day (well in theory anyway). Our Paed seems happy that MDT assessment is the way forward. She seems pretty happy dd2 is on the spectrum, says that I 'understand her very well' and has reems of reports on file, detailed SaLT reports going back to 2009 and 2 x referrals to CDC but she will not, repeat not, put a clinical opinion on paper outside of MDT assessment. It truly is like getting blood out of a stone. I'm not sure if it's possible to imagine a more eye-wateringly frustrating process?

greener2 Mon 25-Mar-13 19:27:43

Whereabouts are you? Its just horrendous to do this to people, silly I know but we thought we may try a holiday april or may and actually didn't book it as it was so definite and now we have lost that. But the main thing is well two things are 1. obviously my dd and making sure she is being looked after and 2 my mental health. I am really struggling to be honest because I am unsure if she had autism or not. Some days I think so and others im not sure, school have said she is but I don't know what to think anymore and this is so draining and worrying sad

Handywoman Mon 25-Mar-13 18:52:59

greener it's awful isn't it. we are in same position. every time assessment is mentioned it is further away, we were told ten months, then fourteen, then eighteen, latest guess is twenty months.... I can't think of anything more frustrating/depressing. Hugs is all I can think of.

greener2 Mon 25-Mar-13 16:49:17

Its more the fact they promised something and now are going back on it I am so furious with, cant stop crying about that, how dare they do that to us, we shouldn't be played with like that ;(

PolterGooseLaidAChocolateEgg Mon 25-Mar-13 16:45:55

(((((hugs)))))

I don't know your situation but the waiting for assessment of any kind is just awful thanks

starfishmummy Mon 25-Mar-13 16:37:07

Sending a big hug.

greener2 Mon 25-Mar-13 16:27:07

Just as it says really. Feel really down. Was promised an appointment for april or may, I said this is definite as was told yes. Now they are back tracking at the cdc and said I shouldn't have been promised this. Went to the dr to see if he could do anything, was told no, wait could be a year who knows? They said its impossible to say when the wait is.

I am frustrated and upset beyond belief, how can they promise the assessment team april or may and then retract it?

Sobbed so much in the doctors, my son was screaming and he just said im sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now