Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone in Bromsgrove/driotwich and bridgnorth area? Please

(18 Posts)
greener2 Wed 20-Mar-13 20:41:28

Hi,
We are wanting to move closer to my husbands works but this would mean moving primary care trusts. We are on the wait list where we are for the assessment team and wondered what it is like in your area?
They are in crisis here and cannot cope with the backlog, nightmare all round. Don't know when/if we can move or if we should wait for the assessment team..
Thanks

MareeyaDolores Thu 21-Mar-13 00:04:00

Is it essential to admit to your move immediately?

Who would get your house? Or can you redirect the mail?

MareeyaDolores Thu 21-Mar-13 00:14:41

parent partnership Shropshire and Nhs woucestershire might know the waiting times locally... Or point you to someone who does. I've heard of autism west midlands too

Dev9aug Thu 21-Mar-13 00:32:35

Is the area where you are in crisis or the one you are moving to?

You don't have to tell your current area that you have moved. you can register at your new local GP surgery as a temporary patient for up to six months I think.

greener2 Thu 21-Mar-13 07:23:48

Thanks, the problems is its 2 hours away! From north Yorkshire. We haven't moved or instigated one but would like to move however I am worried we will have to wait even longer etc so don't know what to do. But my daughter is in reception class and getting settled and I don't want to disrupt her too much by moving her too late iyswim.

Not sure what to do..

greener2 Thu 21-Mar-13 07:24:43

Oh, the area we are in now say I crisis, they promised me april or may so that was fine then they said yest that they should not have promised me that as they cant deliver and they don't know when now!

MareeyaDolores Thu 21-Mar-13 17:23:48

I would ring neighbouring NHS areas ASD-diagnosis teams, and ask if they could accommodate a funded out-of-area referral. Then ask nicely what plans they have to cover their service locally... When they say 'none, why?' kick up a fuss and hopefully get ds referred.

greener2 Thu 21-Mar-13 20:00:04

Sorry what do you mean as funded out of area referral? Thanks

MareeyaDolores Thu 21-Mar-13 20:04:30

If an area doesn't have an essential service locally, they commission it from somewhere that does. For common things, they bulk buy (commission). For uncommon or unexpected needs, they individually-fund

greener2 Thu 21-Mar-13 20:13:09

Oh, im sure they will have the service just wondering if I would have to go to the back of the queue if I move to a different area again? I have already been in the queue here for 7months...

MareeyaDolores Thu 21-Mar-13 21:16:00

You've been waiting... For a service that doesn't exist locally at the moment. And no-one knows when it'll be back on. So good grounds to be sent 'next door' perhaps hmm

MareeyaDolores Thu 21-Mar-13 21:18:09

Officially you join the back of the new area's queue. Waits elsewhere aren't deducted. Unless they agree its now become urgent.

Though I don't think they're allowed to discriminate against services families quite as much (if that applies to you).

PicaK Thu 21-Mar-13 21:33:21

I'm in Bromsgrove and tbh I'm not the best person to ask cos we're just dipping our toes into it all. But it seems quite well run

greener2 Sat 23-Mar-13 19:43:25

Sorry Mareeyadolores, what do you mean not exist?

Not in the services am afraid...

MareeyaDolores Sun 24-Mar-13 15:17:41

i mean, they say you're on a waiting list, don't worry,it'll be april

but then they say they're in crisis and can't cope with the backlog, and have no idea when you'll get an appt... it sounds to me like whoever does the service is on sick or maternity leave, or has resigned, or something similar.

Perhaps someone else is doing the occasional ADOS (or else they're hoping the postholder will return. So on paper there's a service, but really there is no service which can see patients really exists till the sick staff get better / they recruit a new staff member / whatever. Am hoping I'm wrong, but...

MareeyaDolores Sun 24-Mar-13 15:18:44

you being a forces family was just a wild guess... we have some forces friends up that way wink

dietstartstmoz Sun 24-Mar-13 15:38:32

Greener2-i have pm'd you

greener2 Sun 24-Mar-13 19:04:59

Thanks both!
We have put in a request for a freedom of information which they have to respond to so will see, and ringing plus going to my doctors tom.

Be really useful to know what like in other areas too though, as I say think we are going to relocate especially as there doesn't seem to be any provision here which is no good going forward!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now