Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can I hide in here today please?

(4 Posts)
MNetBlackpoolLE Wed 20-Mar-13 09:59:02

Dd has a Victorian workshop today, normal teacher has been hyping them up all week about dunce hats, children who are left handed/red hair being devils child, welsh children having to wear signs, the belt that they have in school has blood in the holes apparently...

Most of kids are loving it in a horrible histories type facination.

Dd doesn't do role play, she hasn't slept all week, is obsessing over the belt, really worked up and agitated, I was going to keep her off but teacher said she would sort it but I feel awful now that I have sent her in as school aren't that supportive of her sn.

troutsprout Wed 20-Mar-13 10:34:52

Oh I went through this with ds. Blardy teachers scaring him to death.
I hope she manages to switch off from it a bit and cope ok.
You could phone up at lunchtime ?.... See how she's doing maybe? A liitle reminder for her teacher to be a little more mindful?
Have a cuppa brew ... It's horrible sitting at home and worrying .

MNetBlackpoolLE Wed 20-Mar-13 10:58:55

Thanks trout, I've been in twice because they didnt explain what was going to happen at all and she really became distressed about it.

And again because she has bladder issues and whole class was told they wouldn't be able to go to the toilet.

Im sure there must be better ways of teaching them about Victorians without terrifying her. sad
When she did it in infants at another school they wrote on slate and went to a mill to "work" and was fine.

MareeyaDolores Wed 20-Mar-13 23:04:29

Abandoning any pretence at appropriate modifications, scaring the wits out of a disabled child, ignoring a parent... surely that teacher is taking her Victorian teacher role-play a bit far hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now