Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Support Groups

(9 Posts)
nurserynurse28 Mon 18-Mar-13 15:14:02

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help me please. I am trying to find out if there is a support group in the Stamford, Lincolnshire area for parents with children who have genetic conditions. I am keen to find out as I am a grandparent of a granddaughter with Ring X Chromosome Syndrome-she has been diagnosed as being as close to full Turner Syndrome as a person can be without actually having it. Thank you for your help.

elliejjtiny Mon 18-Mar-13 16:59:30

I don't know anything about your area specifically but you could try asking local children's centres or your granddaughter's health visitor.

bjkmummy Mon 18-Mar-13 17:34:32

Hi, I am from your area and I don't know of any specific support group as there doesn't tend to be a lot down that way. Have you contacted the Lincolnshire parent carer council?

rundontwalk Mon 18-Mar-13 21:49:08

Hi can't help directly,but maybe the Turner Syndrome Support Society could signpost you (appreciate she has Ring X but this was the closest I could find).

nurserynurse28 Wed 20-Mar-13 15:08:14

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. I will ask my local childrens' centre and my grandaughters' health visitor.

nurserynurse28 Wed 20-Mar-13 15:09:50

Thank you for your response. I hadn't heard of the Lincolnshire parent carer council. Do you know how to get in contact with them-is it just a case of googling it?

nurserynurse28 Wed 20-Mar-13 15:13:22

Thank you for your response. I have spoken to the TSSS and Arlene very kindly sent some information. However, there wasn't any specific information on support groups, just some information on support groups in general-unless I was being thick!!

nurserynurse28 Wed 20-Mar-13 15:17:24

Thank you. The reason I am asking is to find out whether there are families in the Lincolnshire area who would like to meet up and have a coffee/ tea. I am thinking of starting a support group in this area if there isn't one.

SallyBear Wed 20-Mar-13 16:35:33

It will just be a case of googling both syndromes with support groups included in the search. There may not be a good UK one, but there maybe some in the US. This is where I started looking for my DD as there was nothing for her syndrome here in the UK back then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now