Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Felt let down by nas seminar on women and girls with autism

(177 Posts)
autumnsmum Sun 17-Mar-13 09:27:46

Happy st Patrick's day everyone Just a little moan yesterday I went to the nas south east members seminar on asd in women and girls . I left feeling totally excluded no one had a dd like mine . Everyone had dds who were very high functioning , I have a dd who is being statemented and may go to ss or a least a unit . I realise it wasn't the organisers fault but I left feeling more depressed than when I went in . Thank god for mnsn which is the only place I have met people in a similar position to myself.

MerryCouthyMows Tue 19-Mar-13 13:13:57

If I was feeling fitter, and not fighting 50 trillion battles already, I would set up a 'contact a parent' scheme where those with DC's could be 'matched' to another family whose DC presents similarly, so that people don't feel so lonely, or excluded - because there would be someone to match with everyone.

Maybe one day, if I ever get time to go to the bloody loo, I might get the time to think about how it could be done...

Yes that would be a good thing. Matchmaking friendships through disability.

Years ago when ds3 was tiny I spoke to the NCT about having SN/potential SN or sibling of SN coffee mornings because there's nothing worse when you have a toddler who isn't developing as expected to have to go and endure mother and toddler groups (and I thought sibling because with ds2 and ds3 I was so paranoid I felt more at home amongst kids/w/SN). Anyway they were open to the idea but wanted me to organise it all, and at that time I just couldn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now