Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The grand opening of The Goose and Carrot

(214 Posts)
PolterGoose Fri 15-Mar-13 13:47:04

Instead of a Friday thread shall we enter the public bar of our new pub?

All the usual refreshments and bar snacks. All tastes catered for.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 15-Mar-13 14:41:26

Is larger a very large glass of lager? wink

PolterGoose Fri 15-Mar-13 14:42:56

zzzzz I would never normally comment on your spellings and interesting typos... you really don't want 'larger' you want 'lager' although you may want a larger lager grin

zzzzz Fri 15-Mar-13 14:43:23

Ellen a few days??? Dc like him but he is very very tired and there are 5 of them! HE yes hmmmmm. Perhaps time for a project?hmm

It will be fine really I like him just don't know him very well. After all Dh and I have only been together for 24 years!

zzzzz Fri 15-Mar-13 14:45:42

Sorry doing pasta Bol and trying out voice recognition .... Tis crap.

Actually I'm not sure my aged bladder is really up to multiple pints of larger lager.

kinkyfuckery Fri 15-Mar-13 14:47:25

Sorry to hear about your FIL.
I'd imagine after a stroke it might take more than just a few days to recover though? confused Have you spoken to his care team at hospital?

PolterGoose Fri 15-Mar-13 14:47:32

Voice recognition shock

Far too fancy for me

zzzzz Fri 15-Mar-13 14:54:59

No he can speak to his own care team. They released him and I don't want him by himself for a week or so, he is coming for the weekend initially. He's an adult though so if he wants to go home that's where I will take him.

zzzzz Fri 15-Mar-13 14:56:03

What's not bloody fancy is getting tomato off you iPad. <sigh>

Galena Fri 15-Mar-13 15:03:48

Room for me? I drink pretty much any alcohol...

Just had a hospital appt for DD to discuss Botox... They obviously feel she's getting wrinkly at the grand old age of nearly-4. (No, seriously, it's to sort out her wonky, tight legs...) And we got the 'good' news that it'll be on a Tuesday in April. Bets please that it'll be on Tuesday 23rd April? Her 4th birthday.

She's had an attitude the size of a planet lately too... One day she'll grow out of it.

Pass the wine and peanuts...

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 15-Mar-13 15:07:16

Hi all!

I'm afraid I'm strictly a tea and apple juice kind of person, but carrot cake Ellen - now you're talking.

I have actually had a couple of really bad days ME wise so good to have somewhere I can actually totter to.

zzzzz sorry about your FiL. I hope all works out well.

Galena Fri 15-Mar-13 15:07:46

Oh, and zzzzz sorry about FIL

Oblomov Fri 15-Mar-13 15:16:30

Count me in. I went to an EB+ course last year, 6 ladies, with AS ds's all the same age, birthdays within a month of eachother. Great. We all admitted that we drink alot of wine. Infact most people that I speak to who have Sn children, resort to drinking. Not good really. So, it would seem, i might fit RIGHT IN, here wink , before I fall off my stool trollied, that is !!

moosemama Fri 15-Mar-13 15:43:18

Oh dear, did a rainy school run and got left behind the thread.

Ellen, congratulations on your new job. Haven't seen your AR thread, will have a look a bit later.

zzzzz sorry to hear about your FIL, hope he recovers quickly. You are a very good DIL, I don't think I could cope with my FIL for a day, let alone several.

Galena, glad you got good news about dd's treatment. If it helps, my dd is just 4 and she has a mega attitude at the moment as well.

NoHaudin, sorry you have been struggling with the ME. I hope you are getting enough opportunities to rest and take proper care of yourself. x

moosemama Fri 15-Mar-13 15:43:47

<passes wine to Oblomov>

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 15-Mar-13 15:48:51

Galena and Moose I seem to remember DD having an attitude at 4 too.
She's really pleasant at the moment (13) teenage attitude yet to hit.

moosemama Fri 15-Mar-13 15:53:11

Thanks NoHaudin. Good to know it's a stage. I have recently found myself reverting to that age old mantra - this too shall pass!

zzzzz Fri 15-Mar-13 15:56:13

Thanks one and all. I like the guy so it's ok. He does of course treat Dh like he's 13 and micro manage ......

Bed made

Bathroom clean

Arm chairs in both

Now just Hoover, pick up kids buy food and ....breath.

Ds being a star.

PolterGoose Fri 15-Mar-13 15:56:14

Good luck for dd Galena thanks

NoHaudin sorry you're having a rough time, but glad dd is ok

I've been doing lots with ds on accepting how other people see things differently to him (theory of mind stuff, tolerance etc) and on the way home from school he came out with something quite profound in my view. They did a book swap last week and one of his friends took home a book on evolution, friend's parents sent it back due to their religious beliefs. Ds commented that whilst he doesn't believe in religion he still finds learning about different beliefs interesting, that he doesn't have to believe it to learn about it, and that they should just read about evolution in the same way, as an interesting book, 'which religious people may find offensive' (his words) but that they didn't have to believe it to enjoy it. Wow.

Oblomov Fri 15-Mar-13 16:01:36

Thanks Moose. Have just poured my first glass blush at only 3.40pm. Ds1 back from friends house. Dh not home tonight... Starting early << not good>>

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 15-Mar-13 16:02:28

That is quite profound for a DC with ToM issues! The new Richard Dawkins...

moosemama Fri 15-Mar-13 16:18:03

Polter, that's a fantastic attitude from your ds.

OK I think I do need to crack open the real wine now - ds1 has come home from school enveloped in a big black cloud of stress, disappointment, anger and just about every other negative emotion he can conjure up. He raised a brief smile when I told him his school place was confirmed, but then went right back to telling me what a terrible day he'd had.

Blooming Red Nose Day. A whole day of disruption and his teacher was off as well, just to add to the chaos. He's been over-reacting to absolutely everything, dd is barely allowed to breathe and unfortunately she has a cough at the moment, that he insists she is doing just to get at him. The fact that he has the most ear-splitting coughing tic that has been going on for weeks and is driving us all batty has completely passed him by. hmm

I am hanging on by my fingernails until his computer time starts, then hopefully we'll get some peace.

kinkyfuckery Fri 15-Mar-13 16:23:30

Grrr, DD has come home from school with a medical note (second in two days) for 'falling over' in the playground and grazing her face/eye. According to DD the boys she is 'friends' with pushed her over in the playground.... again!

ouryve Fri 15-Mar-13 16:24:43

Since this is virtual, a pint of Flowers, please. Used to bloody love that stuff. (Beer goes straight through me, these days).

Talking of things going straight through - had DS2 off for a couple of days. Again. He's been much more himself, today. I'm knackered!

PolterGoose Fri 15-Mar-13 16:26:01

Oh dear moose and kinky thankfully it is Friday.

moosemama Fri 15-Mar-13 16:26:20

Oh poor dd kinky. Is she ok?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now