Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The grand opening of The Goose and Carrot

(214 Posts)
PolterGoose Fri 15-Mar-13 13:47:04

Instead of a Friday thread shall we enter the public bar of our new pub?

All the usual refreshments and bar snacks. All tastes catered for.

Bluebirdonmyshoulder Fri 15-Mar-13 14:12:31

<shouts 'hey Hazey' in style of Cheers>

The Goose and Carrot - where everybody knows your MN name!

Crawling Fri 15-Mar-13 14:13:05

Squashes on sofa I can't drink can someone have a extra one for me I could use a Drink today as well.

hazeyjane Fri 15-Mar-13 14:13:33

<hoooonnnnks over thread>

someone had to mention cider.

Bluebirdonmyshoulder Fri 15-Mar-13 14:15:03

Yeah, cider rules! I'm on my second pint, hic.

troutsprout Fri 15-Mar-13 14:15:30

Noooo! It has no effing sofas! Jeez! Enough of the effing leather sofas everywhere we go!
It is a proper pub with solid wooden floors and sawdust.
Moosemamma ...here have this bench... You can sleep on my shoulder as the evening wears on but NO EFFIN SOFAS!
grin

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 15-Mar-13 14:15:46

ermmm, it's errrr fizzy wine hazey <lies>

moosemama Fri 15-Mar-13 14:16:03

Happy birthday Hazey's dd1. smile

PolterGoose Fri 15-Mar-13 14:18:20

trout you do know this isn't real don't you?

moosemama Fri 15-Mar-13 14:19:00

It's not a leather sofa. It's one like in the old hovel establishment we used to frequent - stained, torn and somewhat sticky, with the odd spring sticking out but still bloody comfy when you've had far too many a couple.

<drools at the memory of the mahoosive chip butties they used to sell in that pub>

troutsprout Fri 15-Mar-13 14:22:13

Ok
<< deep breathes>>
That's ok then

Bluebirdonmyshoulder Fri 15-Mar-13 14:22:28

Polter, you can't start this effing brilliant thread and then tell us it's not real!!! grin

It must be real as I feel all warm and squiffy.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 15-Mar-13 14:23:21

Well, I'm nice and comfy on my wooden settle with plump cushions, that spit and sawdust enough for you, trout?

Had DS2's AR this week, has it's own thread. Think I've been a bit complacent for too long. blush

Good news is that I've got a temp job supporting a DC with PDA tendencies among many other DXes. I'll be on here asking for advice but trying hard to keep it anonymous.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 15-Mar-13 14:25:02

is there cake at this fine establishment?

PolterGoose Fri 15-Mar-13 14:25:41

Bluebird grin
<hides ASD traits and makes more effort to play along>

Ellen congratulations and good luck (what a lucky child to have 'one of us') thanks

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 15-Mar-13 14:27:31

Carrot cake?

Thanks Polter. Hope to be of some use to them. smile

kinkyfuckery Fri 15-Mar-13 14:33:17

Congrats on the job Ellen!

zzzzz Fri 15-Mar-13 14:34:57

Hey ho all.

Dh's df has had a stroke and is coming to stay shock to recover, I have been cleaning all day and have to move ds1 out of his bedroom as its the only one with a next door loo.

I will have to disappear a heave more furniture and crap toys up stairs in a minute.

The whole house smells of cif and ds refuses to let me play Cher/Madonna/any other 80's shit to keep me going.

And now you are all sitting round in MY pub drinking like the lushes I always knew you were.

Grrrrrr

Mines a larger, pint, no handle, and if you are kind scampi fries (shows age) and I shall be downing it.

PolterGoose Fri 15-Mar-13 14:35:24

Ellen have a look at this book which was recommended on another thread and might be helpful in your new job. Mine arrived today, looks fantastic.

PolterGoose Fri 15-Mar-13 14:37:15

Oh zzzzz sorry about FIL, hope he recovers soon (for his and your well-being) thanks

Hope ds copes with the change ok.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 15-Mar-13 14:37:46

good luck with the job ellen, carrot cake will be just fine grin

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 15-Mar-13 14:38:13

Thanks Polter, will take a look. Was hoping Hothead might pass by as well. I'd like some help on wording 'suggestions' so they don't sound like instructions.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 15-Mar-13 14:38:33

zzzzz hope fil recovers quickly

PolterGoose Fri 15-Mar-13 14:39:25

Wow, we've been open less than an hour and have quite a crowd grin

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 15-Mar-13 14:39:49

Sorry, zzzzz, missed you post somehow. How long will FIL be coming to stay for? How do the DC get on with him? Hope it won't make your HE tricky.

zzzzz Fri 15-Mar-13 14:40:17

Ahhh yes "FIL" that would have been a bit more succinct blush grin

Ds1 is loving it, has invaded ds2s bed ...... This will not end well, there was a slight issue with a Lego model in transit...doomed, give me more larger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now