Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Someone please save me from....

(45 Posts)
Dinkysmummy Sun 03-Mar-13 17:06:28

having to watch the rescue rangers YET AGAIN!

Even though there are 3 disks I have had enough of the bloody rescue rangers! We have 'had' to watch it since Christmas... It is doing my head in!

I'm hoping it is won't be as long as the others...

Age 18m-3 was Toy story
3-4.10 was shrek (and puss in boots)

What DVDs/programs have your DCs driven you crazy with?

Dinkysmummy Mon 04-Mar-13 07:05:07

Oh dinky also likes show me show me and won't let me turn it off...
Is poy not the most annoying kids tv presenter?
I do like Tree Fu Tom.

How did I miss out the avengers (not the film, the cartoon on a Saturday)? Omg! The incredible Hulk. She was going round saying hulk smash for ages! At first it was rescue rangers and hulk, now its just the rescue rangers... sad I quite miss hulk lol

blackeyedsusan Mon 04-Mar-13 00:18:45

ds has been watching total wipeout. it annoyss x massively. I have been letting ds have his full hour turn. "poor" x has only watched 1/2 of it before cracking. richard hammond bets hours of incessant whining about "the fall in the water one" our living rooom has been transformed into a total wipeout set. grin

MerryCouthyMows Sun 03-Mar-13 23:30:16

<<Pats Colditz's arm>>

I feel your pain about the bloody fucking Wonder Pets. The most ANNOYING programme to grace children's TV in the last 15 years.

<<Twitch>>

(DS2. For 6 years solid from age 2 to age 8.)

<<Twitch again..>>

MareeyaDolores Sun 03-Mar-13 22:55:20

Yep, ds1 & dd hated it, me too, and as for that awful spoon shock...

moosemama Sun 03-Mar-13 22:29:33

I love Star Trek, but that's another one he won't watch. In fact he goes into instant panic attack if he walks in the room and it's on. The only one I never really got into was Deep Space 9, I used to watch it, but ...

48hours, ds1 is doing that with the Minecraft parody on Gangnam style - Minecraft Style at the moment. He also downloads music off his computer games to listen to and both boys love that annoying Cantina tune from Star Wars.

Fortunately, neither are into ms pop. They have been indoctrinated since birth and both love The Levellers, Elvis, Imelda May, Back to the Planet, Christy Moore and others off my mp3. wink

In fact, ds1's class were recently asked to bring in their mp3 players and play their favourite song to the class. The songs were then voted for. Ds1 played The Levellers - One Way and the class asked for another, so he played them No Answers and when they asked for the class to stand to say who voted for his songs the whole class stood up! grin

Mareeya, Numberjacks was another major fear of ds1's and he then passed said fear onto dd. Mind you, I find the Numberjacks creepy, especially The Numbertaker.

PolterGoose Sun 03-Mar-13 22:28:30

We've done Doctor Who big time, ds was as amazed by Tom Baker (my doctor) and Peter Davison (dp's doctor) as we were as children. He doesn't tend to get scared as he can rationalise that it isn't real so we got lots of "How do they do that?" with the effects. Now have 3 Tardises, 10 Doctors, various companions and a gazillion aliens residing in the loft grin

MareeyaDolores Sun 03-Mar-13 22:15:28

Yy to DS1's choices of obsessions: star wars, timmy, pingu and wallace&Grommit. No issues with them, Peppa Pig is ok too. Wasn't so keen on Cars but Ice Age fab.

But please spare me from any more s****ng Numberjacks (ds2) and bl***y princess Barbie (dd).

48Hours Sun 03-Mar-13 22:11:24

Ds loves the virgin media on demand channel, we hear the same snippets of songs far too frequently although they do seem to update the music thank God.
I nearly cried tonight on our weekly drive to listen the the top ten, as Bastille(one of his favs is no 2) This means that every music channel will be fast forwarded/rewinded even more to listen to this bloody song.
I know far more about popular music than I want to!

Badvoc Sun 03-Mar-13 22:01:40

Ds's middle name is that of a Star Wars character...and no, it's not darth vadersmile
I love it, and Star Trek, and most other sci fi stuff.
Enjoying game of thrones ATM.

zzzzz Sun 03-Mar-13 21:54:39

We not do Dr Who, way too scary, but Star Wars is our most grown up movie to date. He likes R2D2, and can move like c3po and chew baca grin

moosemama Sun 03-Mar-13 21:53:39

I think Dr Who is scary - well it scares me anyway. blush

Haven't seen the fishy vampires - but those angel statues give me the heebees. <shudder>

moosemama Sun 03-Mar-13 21:52:03

Still time then. If you'd asked me when ds was 9 I'd have told you he would never watch anything like that.

It's been good for him socially though, as all his peers are/were into it as well. The Lego computer games and Clone Wars cartoon were a way for him to ease into it. Now he's a like a walking Star Wars encyclopedia and has regular knowledge battles with another boy he knows (who also has AS). <sigh>

Badvoc Sun 03-Mar-13 21:50:52

Dr who is scary though isn't it?
I don't really watch it but see snatches of it occasionally...the one with the fish vampires (at least that's what I think they were) and the statues that moved...ooh that was a creepy one.

Badvoc Sun 03-Mar-13 21:49:01

Moose....nearly 10 smile sad

moosemama Sun 03-Mar-13 21:45:55

zzzzz, ba ha ha! That is so funny.

Madagascar is another one ds1 is quite phobic about - but dd and ds2 love it. We tend to watch it if ds2 is off sick or ds1 is at his best friend's house for tea.

I still haven't seen Nemo because ds1 won't let me and I really want to see Brave and Tangled.

moosemama Sun 03-Mar-13 21:44:02

How old is he now Badvoc?

Ds only got into it when he was nearly 10.

He won't have anything to do with Dr Who though, despite it being his best friends obsession and him normally doing anything that his friend does ... too scary.

Badvoc Sun 03-Mar-13 21:42:29

Zzzzz smile
Sorry, but that's hilarious smile
We love Madagascar in this house!
"Ummm...girl, you is hefty!..."

Dinkysmummy Sun 03-Mar-13 21:37:04

Hahahahahaha zzzzz grin

Badvoc Sun 03-Mar-13 21:35:06

...ds has never been into dr who, Star Wars etc.
But it's only a matter of time I am sure....

Badvoc Sun 03-Mar-13 21:34:28

Hmmm...we are on year 4 of Victorian farm smile
But the days of balamory are over thank god.
<shudder>
I quite enjoy the programmes ds likes so it works out well.
Ds is so funny.
ATM he is into singing the skipper part of the musical episode. It's hilarious! He even does the dance moves.

zzzzz Sun 03-Mar-13 21:33:19

None of you have the slightest reason to complain unless you too have dealt with the fall out from Madagascar 2 and had a very small child who swaggered up to ANY large lady he saw and said, with intent "I like them big, I like them chunky, I like them big ooo funky funky"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! blush shock evil grin shock blush

PolterGoose Sun 03-Mar-13 21:31:24

Yep badvoc we had the penguins too.

Funny how whatever the current programme is it completely takes over and then it is gone.

We also had SpongeBob, Doctor Who, Men in Black... Each time only that one thing/series of things will be watched, whatever it replaces is rarely, if ever, watched again confused

Badvoc Sun 03-Mar-13 21:25:07

Poltergoose...yeah had all of those! smile
Currently on a penguins of Madagascar mag..which is ok. I love skipper!
"Red flashing eyes!? That's almost never good!...."

moosemama Sun 03-Mar-13 21:22:53

Colditz, ds is getting there now. His overwhelming desire to be included at school and to actually see the Star Wars films instead of just the Clone Wars cartoons and Lego DS games got the better of him last year. I bought him the original trilogy and we watched them all together during the summer holidays.

He's also managed Up and Despicable me. He'll watch black and white musicals with me, but has a real problem with Disney/Pixar stuff.

It started with a bad experience with the titles of Ice Age when he was about 18 months (friend ex-friend put it on a projector screen and cranked up the volume then thought it was funny when ds got distressed - we left and haven't seen them since. angry) Then my oh-so-clever anti-establisment dh told him Disney was an evil corporation, repeatedly from about the age of three and that stuck as a firm rule for him. He's horrified that Disney has bought his beloved Star Wars franchise.

With most films he tells me he can't bear the fact that they are all building up to something 'happening' towards the end, but you can't tell what that 'something' is going to be. He also says a lot of films are about loss and he can't cope with loss on any level. Lord knows how he managed to cope with Up, but they watched in on a school residential and he was given the option to go and play a boardgame with the teachers in another room but refused. I was so proud of him for managing to watch the whole thing. smile

Feargalthecat Sun 03-Mar-13 21:22:09

Yes Pingu a solid favourite for the last three years with a bit of Toy Story and Cars. He went through a phase of Shaun the Sheep insisting on watching it but the theme music makes him cover his ears and cry (not good because each episode is 5 minutes ) so lots of crying then 5 minutes being engrossed.
He's fond too of Wallace and Gromit which I quite enjoy (for now) wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now