Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

NHS Speech Therapy

(28 Posts)
willowthecat Sat 02-Mar-13 10:23:48

We had a (failed osad education tribunal this week - I am in Scotland so the procedures are a bit different. I don't want to bog everyone down in the details but the NHS speech therapist told the tribunal that the NHS has no limitations or restraints whatsoever on its budgets and that all decisions are made on clinical grounds. She only met our son briefly at his school to write a discharge report but said her expertise and work experience enabled her to know that he could not benefit from any from speech therapy (though she did concede his verbal vocabulary could be increased so not sure what she meant by that). She was questioned about this 'limitless budget' by our lawyer but she was adamant it is the case that there are no financial limits whatsoever. She said that his disability/autism would prevent him from benefitting from speech therapy. We are considering an appeal but does anyone have any thoughts on this point ?

willowthecat Mon 04-Mar-13 12:48:22

Well - if only. The issue at the moment is to limit numbers to what we can manage - i have six local 'mums' on board and don't think we can go beyond that as thinking there will be 2 therapists for a 2 hour session so we will be giving both 1-1 and group based language games (where appropriate) . So all I need is a church hall and a small amount of seed corn money - I wonder if I could go on Dragons' Den ? smile

willowthecat Mon 04-Mar-13 12:52:01

Yes - we are having CCC - Coffee Cakes Chat for the parents.

sickofsocalledexperts Mon 04-Mar-13 13:18:40

Might Caudwell help with money?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now