Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

We won the tribunal !!!!!!

(60 Posts)
bjkmummy Wed 27-Feb-13 12:59:23

Can't believe it - in shock! This started from when we had a 8.5k a year placement as our first school choice. LA played their stupid games and the offer of a place withdrawn on the final day of submissions so we had 24 hours to find an independent placement which we have won.

So a year of stress which could have been resolved months ago without the need for tribunal - cost to us 3k and heaps of stress.

Cost to LA was originally going to be about 20k if they had gone with our first choice of placement, cost to LA now 70k a year for the placement plus the cost of hiring a solicitor and barrister to take us on - I did it without any legal help but the power of mumsnet.

Would like to say thank you to each and everyone of you for holding my hand through this journey. Just shows that David can beat Goliath.

The journey not over for me as now the complaint process starts but that can wait for another day smile

Flappingandflying Wed 27-Feb-13 20:35:29

Brilliant news!

dontknowwhat2callmyself Wed 27-Feb-13 20:49:57

smile

insanityscratching Wed 27-Feb-13 22:27:00

Fantastic news, maybe we'll meet at the school one day (MP) grin

marchduck Wed 27-Feb-13 22:58:27

bjkmummy, brilliant!

tryingtokeepintune Thu 28-Feb-13 11:23:27

Amazing news. Well done.smile

MareeyaDolores Thu 28-Feb-13 23:53:56

<dances round kitchen with inane grin>

coff33pot Fri 01-Mar-13 19:52:12

I am soo late and so behind on everything blush

a big WOW! HONK! and well done! thats wonderful news!

nennypops Sat 02-Mar-13 10:38:53

Great. Wasn't that LA solicitor the one who told you you couldn't possibly get OT in the statement and you couldn't possibly win? Let's hope she's learnt something.

PipinJo Sat 02-Mar-13 10:52:36

Amazing news bjk well done! That wait post tribunal was worth itsmile

MerryCouthyMows Sun 03-Mar-13 16:17:16

Just seen this. Brilliant!!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now