Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Fri 22nd SW meet up... details

(162 Posts)
signandsmile Wed 13-Feb-13 09:18:58

Ok, rooms booked.

So far I have the list below as coming. (but there is room for more grin)

Taggiecampbell
Zzzz
NaHaudinMaWheest
JJWmummy
EllenJane
Starlight
Poltergoose
Hazyjane
Possibly redhappy

and me of course grin

Can I check who is bringing kids, also who wants lunch...

there are pre-school/infants level toys in the room, and lots of room for running around.

There is also a small seperate room if anyone needs 'chill out' space.

Please feel free to pm me if it is easier,

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Sat 23-Feb-13 11:00:03

I can vouch for the deliciousness of Polter's cake! In fact, I think I ate a bit of everything. blush

I'm taking my lot swimming today, in fact better get a move on...

zzzzz Sat 23-Feb-13 09:28:32

Oh so some of the cake made it back to our part of the west eh? I never got a taste being in, dazed travelling zzzzz mode. It looked superb.

I promised ds1 swimming if he was good yesterday......bugger now I have to reveal myself to the masses in my swimming suit.

That sounds fab polter.

Just seen this after I have started a thread wink

PolterGoose Sat 23-Feb-13 09:23:04

devient this might sound a bit ridiculous but could you arrange a summer meet up somewhere you can park and have a picnic by the cars? I've done this at the very top of the parking field at Stonehenge, where we parked our cars in a way to give us a sort of enclosed space to have a family picnic, I had a tent shelter, stove, chairs and everything! all out of sight of the parking wardens! Then your ds can stay in the car next to you but you get to be social?

there is a handful, just the last few years when a few of us have tried to get together a meet up it always falls through. Mind knowing DS won't leave the car, I'd be happy with any car park grin

lougle Sat 23-Feb-13 09:11:45

There wasn't enough for doggy bags - we hoovered it up smile

I'm sure there are SNMNers up North.

PolterGoose Sat 23-Feb-13 09:08:53

devient there must be MNSNers up north, we can't all be concentrated down here in the west (and west London!)

Sounds like you all had a great time, shame there's none up north. I almost wish I had of been there just to show Lougles point that what you assume here isn't always true of RL. However you all would of put me to shame as you all cope so well. Food sounds good too, was there doggy bags?

PolterGoose Sat 23-Feb-13 08:45:47

lougle yes, remains of cake came home. Will attempt another for next time but they tend to be a bit unpredictable, yesterday we were lucky grin

star I have done the floaty hippy thing but it wasn't really me confused I think you could be quite good at it though grin

lougle Sat 23-Feb-13 08:30:35

Did you take cake home? shock I was eying up the cake also, but never got around to tasting....a wasted opportunity.

Poltergoose, my address is.....grin

Floaty hippy definitely not, though I think i'd like to be - then perhaps I'd have a chance at baking cakes as amazing as Polters ( though not suggesting she's a floaty hippy, though she may well have put something in the cake as I haven't had breakfast yet and the cake is all I can think of. I flatly refused to gave a taste to any of my kiddies.

coff33pot Sat 23-Feb-13 00:48:34

oh this was a good read! sounds like a great day was had by all including the DCs smile great stuff!

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Sat 23-Feb-13 00:03:07

Definitely next time, IE. Hope you had a lovely day for DS's birthday.

inappropriatelyemployed Fri 22-Feb-13 23:31:52

Glad you guys had such a good time! So jealous not to have met you all. Maybe next time.

zzzzz Fri 22-Feb-13 23:05:44

polt I knew exactly what you meant.

PolterGoose Fri 22-Feb-13 23:02:14

zzzzz to add to my previous post in case it came across as insensitive, I mean how important all the parts of communication are, verbal and non-verbal. And how when some or all of one are lacking it makes life really bloody hard.

zzzzz Fri 22-Feb-13 23:00:47

grin polt "an assertive yet completely silent manner". Yes she is the bossiest little person I have ever met! It's funny I barely notice she isn't talking sometimes. Strangely ds1 is very good at non verbal communication too. How does that work??? confused

zzzzz Fri 22-Feb-13 22:52:05

Ellen. We will talk next time. Perfectly happy to receive complements on the beauty of my offspring. grin. Your boys were not bad either. I was hideously distracted halfway through pondering if they were all more attractive than average (shameless I know!) as a survival mechanism. I mean how else would they survive in less enlightened times?

lougle I often threaten to eat my children, at least the hospital threat is even slightly plausible. confused

PolterGoose Fri 22-Feb-13 22:45:33

lougle and zzzzz you have made me laugh grin

zzzzz what I found absolutely fascinating was the contrast between your dd3's ability to convey her needs in quite an assertive yet completely silent manner compared to my ds who does not stop talking but is not able to convey his own needs at all. It showed in a very explicit way how important both awareness of one's own needs and non-verbal communication really are.

lougle Fri 22-Feb-13 22:45:08

That chilli was lovely, especially with the yoghurt.

I also enjoyed the tape-measure experiments. I think the novelty of having a conversation that actually progresses!

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 22-Feb-13 22:43:29

And I loved all the food. Why is it that someone else's cooking is always better than your own? or maybe I'm just not a very good cook?

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 22-Feb-13 22:40:43

I think I chatted to everyone except you, zzzzz! Except to say how beautiful your DC were. <gushes> Your DS did a fine job of opening the door for me and didn't seem to mind being called 'young man!' grin

lougle Fri 22-Feb-13 22:16:21

Oh she takes it all very seriously.

Injury is my one bargaining chip with her. She hates needles and tubes, since having periorbital cellulitis last year, needing IV antibiotics. Now, if I'm desperate (as in, you're about to kill yourself, not 'that's mildly annoying') I say 'DD1, you'll need needles and tubes if you do that!' blush Somehow, 'DD1 you could die' doesn't have anyway near the same effect.

zzzzz Fri 22-Feb-13 22:08:54

grin. Dd1 loved it lougle, she though it was really sweet."she was so serious and so disappointed in me Mum"

lougle Fri 22-Feb-13 22:05:48

I think my DD1 may have been concerned about the finger blush - She came to me and said 'that girl, yeah, that one, that girl, she BROKE HER FINGER.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now