Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Fri 22nd SW meet up... details

(162 Posts)
signandsmile Wed 13-Feb-13 09:18:58

Ok, rooms booked.

So far I have the list below as coming. (but there is room for more grin)

Taggiecampbell
Zzzz
NaHaudinMaWheest
JJWmummy
EllenJane
Starlight
Poltergoose
Hazyjane
Possibly redhappy

and me of course grin

Can I check who is bringing kids, also who wants lunch...

there are pre-school/infants level toys in the room, and lots of room for running around.

There is also a small seperate room if anyone needs 'chill out' space.

Please feel free to pm me if it is easier,

PolterGoose Thu 21-Feb-13 16:14:03

grin

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Thu 21-Feb-13 16:24:46

What time will it start?

lougle Thu 21-Feb-13 16:30:03

" signandsmile Sat 16-Feb-13 19:27:07

I will be there between 11 and 2, I think people will come and go as they please. "

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Thu 21-Feb-13 17:43:03

Just wondered who would be there if I got there slightly early? I'm not sure how long it will take me to get there.

zzzzz Thu 21-Feb-13 17:55:25

I'm aiming for the middle, but it's a bit like moving a circus so could be an hour either way confused.

I should fess up in advance that I am rubbish at names and the whole RLname v MNname thing is (ahem) impossible shamefully challenging.

signandsmile Thu 21-Feb-13 18:21:49

ellen I am at ds's annual review at 9am tomorrow, so if will be there before 11 if I can, If you get there before me the church secretary is called Anne, and is lovely... Say you are a friend of (my actual name; which was on my pm with directionsgrin) and she is likely to offer you a seat, and possibly a cuppa grin.

zzz I had considered doing some stickers so we could do 'MNname' alias 'RLname' but then worried it was a bit 'training-day-ish'... blush as I am similarly crap challenged with names

might see if I can find some...

ps have to confess I am quite embarassingly excited about tomorrow blush

zzzzz Thu 21-Feb-13 18:28:30

Do you think hazey will spend the day sulking in her feather boa scoffing chocs?

sign I will screw it up even with a sticker. confused I also am going to have to watch 5 children whilst surrounded by food. Greed and over anxious parenting jostling for centre stage. Doomed doomed.

lougle Thu 21-Feb-13 18:33:26

Do you think you'd all be offended if I called across the room 'zzzzz.....star...sign...'? I'm terrible with names too grin

I remember the first time Justabout came to my house. We had an awkward exchange of 'Hi..I'm justabout...err....<real name>....Oh hi, I'm Lougle...I mean....<real name>'

It's so funny grin

lougle Thu 21-Feb-13 18:34:19

sign...I might be early...could you PM me your real name? Otherwise I'll say 'Hi, I think your name must be Anne...I've been promised a seat+/-cuppa' wink

TaggieCampbellBlack Thu 21-Feb-13 18:36:31

I'm expecting a typed resume....

Taggie aka Realname

Mother to DD1 & DD2

DD2 has xxxx

Taggie/realname does xxxxxx

Favourite food - cheese

Drives a tank

Hobbies - eating and sleeping

And so on........

I correspond with a few MNers in real life, who I have met, and we seem to still prefer to use the MN names even in private email usually. or use a mix.

lougle Thu 21-Feb-13 18:44:00

I think it's because to me, you're all real as you - I don't think of you as 'that woman with the talkhandle <dddd>'

I actually find it most offputting when regulars namechange. Stay still!

zzzzz Thu 21-Feb-13 18:53:02

I've only met a few but, yes, in my mind you are your names on here or shorter versions of them. Though in my mind I am 5zeds, not a buzzzzzz sound.

I don't care what any of you call me.

zzzzz Thu 21-Feb-13 18:54:57

Taggie that's just scarey.

signandsmile Thu 21-Feb-13 19:02:09

yeah, its funny even those of you (very few) whoes RL names I know I still refer to you by MN name if I am telling DH something you have posted. its odd isnt it... hmm

Oh tomorrow is looking a bit dodgy. It's freezing and the children have been unbelievebly badly behaved today. i don't think I could cope with crossing london with the two of them arguing the toss, winding each other up and dd fake crying nonstop.......[grrrrrr]

lougle Thu 21-Feb-13 19:09:49

Oh Star! Don't say that! I must admit, I'm quivering at the thought of bringing mine on my own...I'm just hoping there's a car park.

zzzzz Thu 21-Feb-13 19:21:51

Star Dare you to add haribo.

PolterGoose Thu 21-Feb-13 19:27:33

Star perhaps you could dress them in swimwear, the cold may put them in a cryogenic stupor for the journey wink AND... I have a novelty tape measure in my bag

I'm excited too, which is odd as I am thoroughly anti-social in RL. When I told ds that dp would be collecting him from school and I didn't know when I'd be home because I am meeting friends he commented 'But you don't have any friends' blush

I have made a very tall (over-estimated quantities) chocolate cake which I hope survives the journey in one piece. I'm driving with NoHaudin and should be there around 11, may be earlier depending on NoHaudin's reactions to my driving grin

lougle Thu 21-Feb-13 19:29:25

I'm also a hermit not terribly sociable normally.

Star, please come - we'll all look stressed together when we arrive!

I'll try, but right now I am of the mind to beat them!!!!!

Haribo might work as they are so competative, I can promise the better behaved one a sweet every half hour.

And dd went in the mud, despite me telling her not to, and she fell over, and we only got back an hour ago and her coat is in the washing machine......

and ds is refusing to get in the bath.

And baby is refusing to let go of the boob!

zzzzz Thu 21-Feb-13 19:34:28

Only star could make a packet of Haribo into an educational exercise, complete with measurable target and reward. grin.

lougle Thu 21-Feb-13 19:35:45

I displayed fantastic parenting skills tonight when I announced that any one of them who was not dressed for bed would not be joining me in Swindon tomorrow and would stay with Daddy blush

PolterGoose Thu 21-Feb-13 19:37:51

So what did they choose lougle?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now