I spoke with dd 1:1 support worker and she is going to tell ed pysch that she feels dd needs at least a special unit maybe a special school and that the reson dd is developing is because of the support of 1:1 and removal would stop her progress
You sound where I was a year ago. You can request your own statutory assessment, which is the precursor to the statement process I would advise you phone your county hall, and speak to someone on SEN, they can advise you, tell them your concerns, and ask for your dd to be seen by the educational psychologist (EP). In my area the EP carried alot of weight when it comes to schools (nurserys) and statements.
She doesnt have a statement yet. That is what ive been trying to push for and ive always been told "dont worry she will get a place" now its "dont set your heart on one as they are choca block" Im just pissed off as I really dont think she would cope in mainstream.
She is doing okay in playgroup but she only goes for two hours and we have a two hour meltdown afterwords.
She is doind okay because play group is very relaxed but school is not and she wont sit for structured play. She is also doing okay because she has one to one support.
She is also still in nappies and still smears her feaces if her nappy is not changed straight away. I just dont think she would cope with mainstream school, she may even appear to cope but she certainly wouldnt flourish, or come on brilliantly.
We're early days in the system... why is it that as soon as progress does happen, suddenly the urgency disappears? The reality is these kids don't have to just catch up... they need to keep up. The very support that's given them progress surely needs to be continued?
Does she have a statement yet? And is she due to start this September? (Is she an august or september baby?) If your county is like mine, then there is only 2 more SEN admissions panels before the end of this school year, and she would need to have her case looked at at one of these.
I would believe that her "significant delay" would still get her into a unit. Have you spoken to SEN at County? If you don't feel that you are being taken seriously with your concerns then you need to take it to someone higher, and follow up all phonecall a with a letter (and keep a paper trail).
Yes shes been having SALT for over a year now she is remaining stable at 2 years behind so she is learning but delayed speech therapist classes her as significant delay she also started using PECS which is mostly resposible for her sudden spurt of speech.
Hi how old is your dd she sounds v similar to my dd who is 3.4 .i totally empathise my dd only uses speech when she has to and a nursery worker told mil who works at the nursery that there is nothing wrong and her ds was the same at thisage
Dd has had a burst of speech development and until now ive been told not to worry how long tge process takes there is plenty of time to get her a place at the specialist unit blah blah blah. Now im being told due to dd sudden bit of speech development all the units are choco block. Im so so pissed plus as she is so settled at playgroup ( she has a two hour meltdown each night we leave) she would probably be fine in ms.
Not only that but now I have to deal with holier than thou look playgroup has made her speech come on great it hasnt the burst occured before she started. When I ponted out that her speech is still severly behind, not clear enough for most to understand and she doesnt voluntarily use her speech enough im given a look that clearly says im being to negative (im not im being realistic and looking at her little burst with happiness but in context) and told yes but she has only just learnt them and I need to give her time for them to clear and more spontanious speech.
Why do HCP insist on trying to downplay disbilities?