Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The one and only Friday Night Fred.

(34 Posts)
EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 01-Feb-13 17:10:39

Which is apt, as my friend, Fred, is due to arrive shortly for the weekend.

How are you all doing? It's been pretty quiet here. I've been doing housework (urgh) in honour of my friend and the boys are with their D for the weekend.

I've been crocheting Little Hugs which has eaten into my MNing time and read the book from my book club. Looking forward to a curry this evening.

lougle Fri 01-Feb-13 20:11:46

What a week.

So tired now, but dd2's in a place where she seems happy and we might even be able to work out whether her behaviours are due to environment or really do need pursuing.

Ineedmorepatience Fri 01-Feb-13 20:37:06

They were temp exclusions thank goodness but just sending completely the wrong message. Imho of course.

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 01-Feb-13 21:06:05

Hi to all.
Well done and good luck to those fight for provision.
Good Ds is out of hospital Hazey. What a fantastic GP!
Sign disco and a friend's house wow!
Bigblue it is scary that transition to adult service is so disorganised. My Ds's needs are nothing like as complex as your Dd's but I have been told already that he can stay with children's service for up to 3 months after his 18th birthday to help smooth transition.
We had a meeting with the SENCO at the school we hope Ds will transfer to for 6th form. It seemed to go well, just hope all the promises will materialise.
I haven't been having a good week healthwise. Had to spend most of Monday horizontal but feel a bit better today.

PolterGoose Fri 01-Feb-13 21:24:07

Sorry you've not had a good week NoHaudin but glad it went well at new school and hope they do deliver what ds needs.

FightingForSurvival Fri 01-Feb-13 21:55:40

An uneventful week and then today, a five minute phone call with confirmation that we will get ASD dx at our appt next week. Been strangely calm all day. Broke news to hub tonight, he seems okay too. Had Chinese food and now I am going to watch the telly without my mind whirring round is he/isn't he. Apparently he is. And the last two years make more sense.

Aw Fighting! This bit is the worst you know. Then you'll learn and fill the void of dread with knowledge and it will be better, not necessarily easy, but definately better.

BeeMom Fri 01-Feb-13 22:16:46

This week could definitely have been better... next week will be worse.

I will be going hammer and tongs against the school regarding their declaration for next year... and am bringing a secret weapon grin

I have invited the home care case manager - you see, the school has broadly declared Bee will be fine, as she will have her regular nurse with her. They said this without even speaking to the case manager... who would have told her that the company the nurse works for does not go to the school they have named, and there is no guarantee that she will even have nursing. This might be interesting, indeed.

PolterGoose Fri 01-Feb-13 22:41:24

Good luck BeeMom

Evening all! Does anyone know any good websites, or which section on here I'd need, to gauge interest in a potential business venture?

I'm so fed up of jobseeking with my stupid eyesight, I'm tempted to start my photography business - but it'd be quite a niche and I need to gauge the interest in my region...

Other than that, I'm alright, starting with the Prince's Trust in 2 weeks, on their Team programme, and very much looking forward to it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now