Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ADHD SCHOOLS!

(6 Posts)
MadameSin Sat 02-Feb-13 19:31:53

Wise Mumnetters, any others?

mary21 Fri 01-Feb-13 17:31:08

Christs is in Richmond. No direct experience. Just another mum who I know had problems at primary but Christs was working for secondary

MadameSin Fri 01-Feb-13 16:05:37

Thanks mary ... We are looking at one of these schools, and know kids at Orleans. Don't know Christ's though, where is it?

mary21 Fri 01-Feb-13 15:28:01

sorry my message should read Orleans has a very high percentage with SEN not Christs Christs was meant to read as the better one!

mary21 Fri 01-Feb-13 15:25:52

Hi I think centre academy originally was for children with ADHD. Orleans has a good reputation for behavioural issues and special needs in general but I think it is a bit of a myth and I have heard of a few with ASD And ADHD who haven't fair ed well and consistancy of approach isn't a strong point. I know someone with a son at Crusts with ADHDThey also have a very high percentage with special needs so although they have a good team they are grossly over stretched so it doesn't quite work as planned who spoke highly of it and they had big problems at primary. Halliford has a good reputation with quirky boys.

MadameSin Thu 31-Jan-13 19:32:44

Anyone have any knowledge of private or very good mainstream schools catering for ADHD at senior level? We are based around the Surrey/Twickenham area. Cheers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now