Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

private asd costs

(13 Posts)
imogengladhart Fri 01-Feb-13 10:00:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nostoppingme Fri 01-Feb-13 09:50:16

Thank you zumbaleena!

zumbaleena Thu 31-Jan-13 23:39:07

If the private diagnosis is from a known ped, it is acceptable. My knowledge about clinical psychs come from having spoken to a variety of Ed psychs, clinical psychs and DEV peds while deciding on who will diagnose dd. it also comes from my council casework manager

nostoppingme Thu 31-Jan-13 23:34:13

You are not rude zumbaleena. Actually, I would like to know where you got this info. NAS advices to also have CAHMS assessment as some LAs do not accept diagnosis from private sources.

zumbaleena Thu 31-Jan-13 23:07:23

I do not mean to be rude but do need to emphasise that now a days only a community pediatrician, or a neuro developmental pediatrician or a MULTI disciplinary assessment team including an ot, salt, ped can diagnose. Clinical psychologist can be part of the team but by himself, his diagnosis will not hold and may not be acceptable

nostoppingme Thu 31-Jan-13 22:46:56

No, she is based in Surrey. Do you have family/friends in London area where you can crash? If your child presents straightforward, she can diagnose there and then, otherwise she would need further assessments (again very reasonably priced). PM me if you wish to get her details.
No idea what travel cost is from Yorkshire though!
But if you are having trouble being 'heard' or your child denied a diagnosis/right support - she is your lady.

bananananacoconuts Thu 31-Jan-13 21:52:59

nostoppingme dont suppose they are anywhere around yorkshire are they?
i don't mind being on a waiting list as long as someone takes me seriously!

Dev9aug Thu 31-Jan-13 21:33:36

Yup, but you are still likely to be on a waiting list as most Paed work in NHS and do private work on the side.

nostoppingme Thu 31-Jan-13 21:17:57

I paid £150.00 for an initial assessment (90 minutes but we went well over this time). With a highly respected clinical psychologist, over 30 years experience.
She is amazing.

bananananacoconuts Thu 31-Jan-13 18:40:47

honestly is that all it costs for a full assesment? i know that is an awful lot of money but ds once had a worrying lump on his neck and nhs waiting time to see a doctor was 6 weeks so i paid to see a private doctor and all i paid for was a fast referral for a scan (at nhs hospital) and that was £500!

£700

zumbaleena Thu 31-Jan-13 18:33:30

700 gbp

bananananacoconuts Thu 31-Jan-13 18:32:07

hi all, just wondered if anyone had paid privately to have their dc assessed for asd/adhd?
would love to have a ball park figure if anyone wouldn't mind!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now