Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Inspired by lougle's decisive action...

(46 Posts)
PolterGoose Wed 30-Jan-13 14:25:24

Ds has always loved school, it didn't matter how bad things were, every day he wanted to go. Since Xmas there has been a creeping unhappiness which this past week has led to lots of anxiety, meltdowns and sleep stuff, which has made me very worried he will, if we don't reduce the anxiety, refuse to go to school.

Today I have written 3 important letters:

To the OT team who never return calls, promised a lot and haven't delivered, requesting a fresh assessment of his needs and for them to deliver the interventions they said they would.

To the SENCO 3 pages of how school are not meeting ds's needs and demanding a meeting to discuss what she plans to offer before we meet for the IEP review.

To the LEA requesting statutory assessment.

It has taken all day and I am going to post them before I change my mind grin

Honk! HONK!

Blimey grin Good on you.

ouryve Wed 30-Jan-13 14:28:33

Good for you, PolterGoose!

TICKLETUMBLE Wed 30-Jan-13 14:28:44

Good for you.
I may well follow suit!
smile

lougle Wed 30-Jan-13 14:49:59

Wow, that has made my day!

babiki Wed 30-Jan-13 14:51:36

Great, you go!!

zumbaleena Wed 30-Jan-13 14:55:53

Yes lougle....my decision to put pressure big time on the school too came from your post

Catsdontcare Wed 30-Jan-13 14:57:27

Honk honk!

zzzzz Wed 30-Jan-13 15:01:34

poltergoose well done. Sinking under paper here but the bare bones of a plan are forming. I have only rewritten email a lot of few times.

I'm beginning to think the area needs the first Goose Academy for the Pursuit of Happiness and Education. God I wish I had the energy!

Honk honk you star. envy

Ineedmorepatience Wed 30-Jan-13 15:16:11

Well done you polter I have been debating ringing our senco all morning about starting the statementing process myself.

Havent done it though but have heard a horror story about a child with ASD at the secondary where Dd3 is heading so I am using that as incentive.

Good lucksmile

PolterGoose Wed 30-Jan-13 15:29:37

Letters posted.

Ds is a foul mood again thanks to last minute changes in teacher and timetable angry

Thank you everyone for your lovely words. I really wouldn't have the strength or knowledge without you all thanks

lougle Wed 30-Jan-13 15:49:42

I wouldn't be too inspired, PolterGoose...see my thread and you'll see the result of my actions <sigh>

zzzzz Wed 30-Jan-13 15:54:15

Give him ice cream and David Attenborough, it works for mine.

PolterGoose Wed 30-Jan-13 16:02:36

lougle, ignore her, she doesn't matter anymore. And I remain inspired grin

zzzzz after shouting at the cat for swishing his tail against him as a greeting hitting him, ds now watching Monster Bug Wars and eating Snackajacks. I have about 30 minutes of freedom before it ends and I expect he will be angry again. Short bursts I can deal with.

Cornycremegg Wed 30-Jan-13 16:52:22

Well done polter. Wish I'd been more pro-active with ds1 when he was younger.

I was going to say well done but like Lougle don't build your hopes on it either. It's not a problem until in their eyes until it happens iyswim x

PolterGoose Wed 30-Jan-13 20:18:50

I know devientenigma but I feel better just for doing something. And when ds got in a state at bedtime I could at least talk to him and tell him I am trying my bestest to sort it out for him.

Timing wise, school has just been placed in special measures and we have new temporary super-head, so I suspect we will be more listened to than with previous head.

I live in hope confused

special measures, I wonder why? next time record your nighttime chat. I have loads of evidence, thats backed up on my phone RE DS.

PolterGoose Thu 31-Jan-13 09:28:35

Well...

Class teacher was waiting for me this morning. This is probably coincidence as post here tends to arrive quite late, but it is the first time I've actually properly spoken to him since Xmas hmm

We have an IEP review meeting next week, in school time, with me, ds, CT, LSA and SENCO.

Teacher stressed again ds is having no problems in school, I explained again he has learned to hold it together but is actually very unhappy.

Then, ds went out to do his usual laps of the playground and I witnessed the Y6 bully say something in an unpleasant manner to ds, I don't know what he said, I was too far away, so I gave him 'the look' and said 'No' sternly. Ds responded to him by laughing in a patronising manner as we have practised. I was very sad, very angry and very proud all at the same time confused

justaboutchilledout Thu 31-Jan-13 09:31:39

Excellent well done

crappypatty Thu 31-Jan-13 10:02:33

Well done.

Excellent.

zumbaleena Thu 31-Jan-13 10:55:50

Good stuff

PolterGoose Thu 31-Jan-13 15:56:15

SENCO phoned me earlier, thanked me for letter, seemed to want to do something hmm I'd marked it 'private - addressee only' because I didn't want the office staff opening it, SENCO asked my permission if she could share it with new head, damn yes! Agreed to meet before IEP meeting next week.

Luffly mum of ds's closest friend asked how ds was when we were waiting for them to come out, I blurted it all blush and then apologised, she suggested coffee thanks Some people are truly kind, I so wish more were.

zzzzz Thu 31-Jan-13 17:05:08

Oh polt I feel like a heel not to have been around. School are being confusing and to add to the ahhhhhb dd3 was sent home today looking a little seizurish. I am terrified.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now