Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just wanted to update about DS1 and the wheelchair

(14 Posts)
zzzzz Mon 21-Jan-13 10:11:46

I am sitting in my sitting room trying to extoll the virtue of "cheap" to ds......he is playing Lego with his back to me and ignoring my irrelevant conversation. grin

Honk honk have a lovely day

justaboutchilledout Mon 21-Jan-13 09:43:37

yes well hopefully this will now be CHEAP

HONK HONK

zzzzz Mon 21-Jan-13 09:39:41

How lovely to hear from you with an update. I have "done something" to my heels/Achilles tendon and have been thinking of you! I'm so glad he's inching back towards walking.

HONK

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Mon 21-Jan-13 09:26:34

That's great news. smile So he doesn't really know what's caused it, but that it's likely to clear up on it's own? Sounds like every other visit to the GP! (It's a non specific virus, of course.) Your poor boy, as if he doesn't already have enough on his plate. So glad he's feeling a bit better. ((((Hugs))))

justaboutchilledout Mon 21-Jan-13 07:34:09

Well there was good news. He was categorical that he thought it was a self-limiting condition and that he saw a couple of children like this a year, with symptoms that seemed not quite to fit any category exactly and which were better treated as unique than being pushed into a label that didn't quite fit. But that every single one of these children got better and he expected DS to do the same. We are doing all the right things, especially in letting him choose his own pace of activity etc. He is going to monitor and discuss with other professionals but essentially he thinks it will be fine.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Sun 20-Jan-13 12:33:59

Some good news at last. smile Really hope the consultant can get to the bottom of it.

auntevil Sun 20-Jan-13 12:15:51

fingers x d that you get some answers - or at least make some progress smile

mariammama Sun 20-Jan-13 11:51:05

grin

justaboutchilledout Sun 20-Jan-13 10:25:47

Yes, it has been. The nice thing about this week is that he has been walking without terrible pain afterwards...as if something is really beginning to heal, rather than us pushing him.

Fingers crossed.

hazeyjane Sun 20-Jan-13 10:20:15

Hello Justa - lovely to have an update, and great to hear that ds1 is taking gentle steps. I hope that the consultant cand come up with some ancwers and help with the pain - it must be very tiring for him.

lougle Sun 20-Jan-13 10:16:06

That's a really positive step, excuse the pun. I hope the consultant is worth every cent.

PolterGoose Sun 20-Jan-13 09:08:44

Best of luck with appointment thanks

Handywoman Sun 20-Jan-13 08:53:21

That's great to hear, long may it continue and good luck for tomorrow's appt. hope it's productive. Fingers X'd.

justaboutchilledout Sun 20-Jan-13 08:24:36

He was suddenly stricken by mystery pains and swollen heels in November, and has been using a wheelchair (or crawling around on hands and knees) for three months now.
Tomorrow we are seeing orthopedic consultant (privately, sigh, huge expense AGAIN but waiting lists are crappy where we are in NZ). But the good news is that he is starting to walk again. He is still in pain, and mainly moving on tiptoe, but it is a HUGE step. we are trying to encourage him not to overdo it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now