Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dd dla came through im not happy.

(34 Posts)
Crawling Sat 05-Jan-13 12:06:27

she got middle care rate. I think she has high mobility and high care rate my question is if I appeal will the middle care money stop? can they award less? can I claim carers allowance while appeal is going through? and can I notify tax credits while I am waiting for the appeal? im mostly worried that ill appeal and end up getting less.

perceptionreality Sat 05-Jan-13 21:57:57

My dd has classic autism too - she gets HRC and HRM. You need to appeal and not be afraid - it is very unlikely you will get less than you have now. My advice would be to go for tribunal immediately and they will see you're serious - they may change their minds before it gets to tribunal (seems to happen to a lot of people!)

middle rate care is not standard for ASD, particularly if classically autistic - where has that idea come from? Where DLA is concerned, nothing is standard!

logi Sun 06-Jan-13 00:03:13

My son has HFA and receives HRC ..LRM ...we too have considered applying for HRM but are not sure due to risking losing the care element.The HRC is due to my son waking at night.

Crawling Sun 06-Jan-13 16:09:44

Right thanks to you lovely ladies I'm going to ask for the decision maker to review the decision. Will I be able to write why I think dd should get hrc? is there a form? or do I just phone up and ask them to review?

chocjunkie Sun 06-Jan-13 16:52:35

i think you can just ask for a reconsideration on the phone.

you can also ask for a written "statement of reason" as to why Mrc and not hrc was awarded. in our case this statement consisted of 3 sentences which clearly showed nobody ever read our application. i asked for a review in writing explaining why their reasons to turn us down were unreasonable (did not help though as we were turned down again). for us the appeal did the trick - it did go to the tribunal (dwp changed mind when we appealed; got Hrc). i would not bother to ask for a review but go straight for an appeal.

chocjunkie Sun 06-Jan-13 16:53:39

i meant our appeal did NOT go to tribunal. grrr

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 06-Jan-13 19:05:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocjunkie Sun 06-Jan-13 19:17:31

i thought it was LRM that only kicked in after 5 but that you can get HRM before 5 hmm

perceptionreality Sun 06-Jan-13 19:24:14

I know of twins with ASD who got HRM at 3 - their parents had to appeal I think but they got it.

Crawling Sun 06-Jan-13 19:24:26

chocjunkie that's what I thought hrm age 3 lrm age 5

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now