Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone used or heard about Dr. Angel Adams - clinical psychologist

(5 Posts)
nostoppingme Thu 03-Jan-13 12:20:47

Got an appointment for initial assessment for Asperger's Syndrome with this clinical psychologist, hurray! But I just had a look at independant EP report and it says my son needs to be assessed at a clinic, including a paediatrician and psychiatrist. Now am not sure if title of clinical psychologist is okay. She has many years experience assessing for AS.

This should be fine, shouldn't it?

I can get an appoinment with a child and adolescent psychiatrist in East Sussex, found out today. It would not be as soon as next week and this is the issue I have, assessment needs to be done asap.

nostoppingme Thu 03-Jan-13 17:34:45

I know what to do now.

Thanks for reading x

DisAstrophe Thu 03-Jan-13 21:05:25

Could you phone the local parent partnership to ask them what your LEA's approach is? Or if you are in or near brighton you might be able to get help from Amaze which is an autism charity.www.amazebrighton.org.uk
The IPSEA website/helpline might also be useful: www.ipsea.org.uk

nostoppingme Fri 04-Jan-13 22:55:38

Thank you Disastophe x

Jamillalliamilli Tue 08-Jan-13 19:51:53

Hi just wanted to say I know of Dr Angel Adams as well known and respected in ASD circles, and she has good team members working alongside her offering pediatric and psychiatrist services. My only direct involvement's with her have been on behalf of an adult, and via CAMHS reports helping prepare someone's tribunal case. I'd happily recommend her as knowledgeable and pragmatic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now