Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ABA costs question

(8 Posts)
salondon Thu 03-Jan-13 11:01:33

Hi

Further to the thread, I have dug up the costs I was quoted in Oct 2011.

Assessment - 70/hr + 200 for report. 3 hrs for assessment
Training - 125/hr + 200 for program book - 4-6 hrs training
Distance support - 250/mth
visitis - 90/hr (min oince every 4-6 weeks)

Overall I was told first month will be £1400 and then on 250-520/month

And then the tutors on top of that

Is this cost realistic and are parents paying this?

Thanks
S

We pay £700 (including travel) for the consultant to come for a full day each time (two training sessions before the programme started, then a workshop about every 6 weeks). Then the tutors on top of that (hourly rates at between £12.50 and £15 an hour). The whole thing therefore comes to an average of about between £2000 and £2500 a month.

chocjunkie Thu 03-Jan-13 11:47:33

we pay for supervision (about £200/months). we also pay for 3-5h of tutoring a week (which adds roughly another £300/month) - would love more tutoring but that is the max we can afford. I do the rest of the tutoring myself. we fund it with DLA and extra tax credits.

PS. we only run a part time home programme.

salondon Thu 03-Jan-13 11:59:55

theDudesmummy - How many hours/week do you do?

zumbaleena Thu 03-Jan-13 13:57:08

we spend about 2000 gbp a month

sickofsocalledexperts Thu 03-Jan-13 15:38:57

£2000 a month sounds like what we paid, a few years ago now. Eventually I got the LA to pay 2/3 of that, though the envoronment is more hostile now.

mariammama Thu 03-Jan-13 16:10:16

Get cracking yourself right now, don't pay someone to teach you the basics. Experts are much better value when you use them for high level work. And (personal opinion) avoid giving any outsider large amounts until you are informed enough to know if they are giving a service worth the money.

You can learn sufficient ABA and SLT to get loads done by buying this DVD and three books motivation and reinforcement early start Demver model Hanen more than words

We aim for 27 to 30 hours a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now