Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

bulk buy dry nites nappies

(14 Posts)
pinkum Sun 06-Jan-13 19:07:06

yes i have the same thing, hes pritty much dry during the day except leaks so they said we probably wouldnt be able to get them free.
will try the amazon option though

Trigglesx Sat 05-Jan-13 09:42:26

We spoke to continence nurse awhile ago and were told that even though DS2 is 6yo, we weren't given the option of free NHS nappies. Perhaps because he is mostly dry during the day (as we remind him a lot), but is wet every night.

I do like the idea of getting them on subscription from Amazon. I didn't realise you could do this, so thank you for this!!

ouryve Fri 04-Jan-13 23:46:09

I alternated them with the free NHS nappies, btw, until he reached the point where he was seriously trying to get clean and dry and making an effort. I've had DS2 to use his NHS leftovers up on, though.

I've never had any success with getting any workable pullups off the NHS, so for a child who is part aware but has hit a long term mental and sensory block, the service is a bit rubbish.

ouryve Fri 04-Jan-13 23:43:29

When DS1 was in these, I bought them on subscription from Amazon, unless the supermarkets had a particularly good offer that month. I alternated the huggies with the pampers, just to keep up with the best price.

steelev48 Fri 04-Jan-13 22:40:27

As lisad123 says, if you speak to your heath visitor about it then they should be able to arrange this for you.

lisad123everybodydancenow Fri 04-Jan-13 21:14:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

starfishmummy Fri 04-Jan-13 19:47:37

I don't think huggies supply the nhs any more. Our pct switched to libero (and now they don't do those...)

pinkum Fri 04-Jan-13 19:42:08

i was told getting free nappies was ni on impossible. hes due to see a contanace nurse in a few weeks. whats pct?

lisad123everybodydancenow Thu 03-Jan-13 22:54:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pinkum Thu 03-Jan-13 20:12:00

thankyou whoeverheardof.... i'll look into amazon. dont worry about sending it. the price of postage nowadays its probably not worth it.! thank you re continance pads i think i could do without the extra washing and he wees soo much it just wouldnt hold it.

JsOtherHalf Wed 02-Jan-13 20:46:59
JsOtherHalf Wed 02-Jan-13 20:39:36

Is it worth considering reusable incontinence pads? They may work out much cheaper?
www.recycleforgloucestershire.com/reduce/real_nappies/incontinence.html

I always used to buy mine from Amazon. I've just looked and they are 3 packs for £12 which works out cheaper than Tesco, but not as cheap as asda. You can do the subscribe and save, where they send them out automatically and get 3 packs for £10.80 which works out at £3.60 a pack so 10p dearer than Asda but delivery is free - which saves you on petrol/bus fare to Asda. I always used to buy them from there... but I'm sure they were much, much cheaper.

That's about all I know. Sorry I'm not hugely helpful. I don't know if the local NHS do continence products? Might be worth asking the GP or if your DS has a consultant.

Also... I have got one pack of the blue, old style boys drynites. DS became dry at night a year ago and we just never used them. If you don't mind covering postage costs, I can send them to you because they are just sitting in a cupboard here. I'll weigh them and work out postage if you like?

pinkum Wed 02-Jan-13 17:34:31

hi i wanted to bulk buy some huggies drynites boys 8-15 i can get them from tesco for 4.50 or drive miles to asda for £7 for 2 packs. i was hoping i could get some online and save money by bulk buying. and ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now