Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Mum, have i got aspergers syndrome?

(29 Posts)

Eeeek! But actually, he seemed fine. After all my careful thinking and worrying about telling him, he's twigged (strategic placing of novel in bedroom) - sort of phew.
Had a chat about it.

mariammama Thu 03-Jan-13 16:53:11

Ellen, we found the hooting / bouncing / not able to do conversation was a major flaw in the 'lets sit and have a big talk' approach to telling DS confused. Does your DS 'hold it in' at school? I can only presume our DS must be totally different there, as he's so obviously autistic at home, yet they're genuinely puzzled when I mention it.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Thu 03-Jan-13 17:30:39

I think DS2 is better at holding it in at school, but still bounces with excitement. His peers find him quite endearing, I think, especially those who see him a lot. Kids on the bus are less tolerant, though. And he can still have a tantrum with his TA. blush He's 13...

MrsShrek3 Thu 03-Jan-13 22:17:42

ds1's also better at keeping the asd under control at school. not unusual ime - but just how do they do itconfused hmm

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Thu 03-Jan-13 23:18:08

Because they are more relaxed at home? Allowed to let it all out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now