Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Moondog and friends....

(7 Posts)
StarOfLightMcKings3 Sat 29-Dec-12 22:39:31

This isn't my favourite person but thought you might be interested in the programme topic www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01phhb9

StarOfLightMcKings3 Sun 30-Dec-12 14:30:40

Bump!

inappropriatelyemployed Sun 30-Dec-12 15:29:00

Thanks Star. I like Ben Goldacre. Just got his new book, 'Bad Pharma', for DH for xmas.

Handywoman Sun 30-Dec-12 15:56:54

I just got the same book from dh for Xmas too. I like him.

StarOfLightMcKings3 Sun 30-Dec-12 17:14:03

grin

I've been put off him since reading he had some dubious links with 'Big Pharma'. But tbh, I've forgotten my objections. Have to research them again.

I also don't like the way he writes as I find it a little bit patronising.

But I'm glad that he raises the issues he does and that people are encouraged to 'question' and 'challenge'.

inappropriatelyemployed Tue 01-Jan-13 18:41:10

Star - I corresponded with him by email about something and I thought he was a bit dismissive and patronising to start with but then I something he said made me realise he is very geeky, not all that great with social skills grin but very, very genuine and committed.

moondog Wed 02-Jan-13 18:58:05

Thank you.
Most interesting.
The growing call for EBP is the strongest weapon a parent can have in their arsenal. If people are recommending things to you, ask for the evidence and keep on asking. All the professional bodies who govern Health and Education are pushing for it.
Happy New Year to you all by the way! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now