Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Dd3's visual shower timetable, will it work?? Watch this space :-)

(30 Posts)
Ineedpigsinblankets Mon 24-Dec-12 09:43:17

Ok, I made the visual timetable for getting Dd3 in the shower. I gave it her 5 mins ago with some blutak on the back and said you can stick it on the wall in the bathroom and tick each step off as you have done it.

So far she hasnt moved off our bed and is watching videos on Dp's phone.

Ineedmorepatience Fri 04-Jan-13 22:44:19

I did each small step so :

Go in bathroom,
Get towels ready,
Take off clothes,
Turn on shower [I preset the temp for her]
Get in shower and wash hair and body.
Get out and get and get dry.
Get dressed,
Hang up towels.
Well done you are finishedgrin

It did seem slightly patronising but she was sitting with me when I typed it out and she was happy with it.
She seems to like it broken down into tiny steps because she struggles to remember too many instructions at once.

Good lucksmile

sazale Fri 04-Jan-13 22:54:09

Thanks chuck.

My dd has sequencing difficulties so she benefits from step by step instructions.

I just need to figure out how to stop her using all the shower gel and shampoo in one go ha ha!

Ineedmorepatience Fri 04-Jan-13 22:59:50

Oh I can solve that one for you too, get some travel sized bottles and just put enough in for a couple of showers or even just one go.
Saves a fortune in shampoo, Dd3 used to clean the shower with Dd2's expensive shampoo, LOL.

Serves her right for leaving it lying aroundgrin

sazale Fri 04-Jan-13 23:10:52

Ha ha! I had thought about doing that so glad to hear it works, you've gotta love em smile

Ineedmorepatience Fri 04-Jan-13 23:18:57

Oh yep, the lucky thing about Dd3 being number 3 is that the others have already tried every trick in the book so even with her ASD she doesnt often manage to catch me out.

Shame really cos she tries really hard, LOL, bless hergrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now