Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

mild cp DLA help

(5 Posts)
JellyCurls Mon 10-Dec-12 07:24:00

My DD also has mild CP and I got a friend with a kid of same age to go through form and write short notes for what her son could do and used that as a baseline - good luck

Alarielle Sun 09-Dec-12 22:27:12

Thanks for your replies and I've been using the cerebral guide its been a real help. I will just put all down that I think he could behind with just in case he is.

survivingwinter Sun 09-Dec-12 21:06:29

Have you tried the Cerebra guide? Very helpful for filling in the form esp when related to CP and neurological conditions www.cerebra.org.uk/English/getinformation/publications/Pages/DLAGuide.aspx

My dd has very mild CP and so we have been through this (horrible task sad). Most NT children could dress/undress mostly by themselves by age 4 with exception of small buttons/tights etc. Certainly the reception children I know seem quite adept.

SallyBear Sun 09-Dec-12 20:26:18

My NT DS could dress himself by the age of 3, his younger brother (ASD) who is nearly 6, still can't.

Alarielle Sun 09-Dec-12 20:09:33

My son is 4 in January and I'm currently filling out his dla form and I'm a bit stuck on if some of things he can't do are within normal development. He can't dress himself at all and can only remove his socks but I don't know if this is standard for his age. Does anyone have anything that could help with this? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now