Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Gastrostomy support thread no.2! Tubefed children support thread

(973 Posts)
Isitme1 Sun 25-Nov-12 14:44:35

Welcome to thread no.2!!!

Everyone sign in please so we all know who is here

X

sneezecakesmum Sun 28-Apr-13 16:41:27

All the settings are in chinese...I mean ALL of them lol. They said I can be refunded so sending it back. Not to self....leave the setting alone!

Yay, get bossy mum to speak up for you, works for us grin

2old2beamum Tue 30-Apr-13 22:45:19

Just done a message it went into the big black holeconfused
off to do drugs DC's not me!!
Take care sleep well if you can

Isitme1 Wed 01-May-13 11:03:39

Come back In hosp for glucose test.
Ive done 25mins and ive got until 12.35 before I can eat something! !!
Ive got snickers and Pepsi in my handbag. Very tempted to take a bite lol.
How is everyone? X

sneezecakesmum Wed 01-May-13 18:27:42

Isitme. Have the doctors looking after DS looked at underlying disease? It can't be just reflux and constipation. Could you ask for a second opinion?

Snickers bar sounds good smile

Isitme1 Wed 01-May-13 20:21:13

http://m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www.marksandspencer.com/Piece-Cotton-Tatty-Teddy-Starter/dp/B004G4GXX4?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_8&nodeId=72343031&sr=1-8&qid=1367421210&pf_rd_r=1W16KFGF2ZBKAP0CY4GG&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=321381407&pf_rd_s=center-3

2old2beamum Wed 01-May-13 21:34:31

DGD what on earth are you trying to tell us gringrin
How did you get on today?
Is it tomorrow you see the gastro team. I agree with Oldsneeze ask for a 2nd opinion it is your right, We are all behind you smile and love.
How are all you other scumbags?
Sleep well (with luck)

Giddypants Thu 02-May-13 01:01:55

Why can't I bloody sleep, driving to Birmingham tomorrow so need rest the wee one is asleep after a lot of beating on my chest think he has the colic, not massively bad but he doesn't know where to put himself. Big wee one watching peppy pig again!
Dietitian appointment yesterday went well, not put on as much weight as we wanted but still on his line and she was ok with the blended diet.
Oh and he's babbling with B sounds nowgrin
DFIL out of the hospice now but still confused, it's all a worry.
Hope everyone ok

Isitme1 Fri 03-May-13 15:03:19

Sorry its a link for some me2u baby clothes. Absolutely gorgeous they are!
Ive been through all of ds' clothes and sorted them out into ages and have started to wash them. When ive got half a washer load of 1 colour I will grab some out of the bags to wash rather than doinf it all in one go.

Ds saw the gastric and he prescribed him liquid parrafin. Its working! He has had a bit of hard stool come out this morning so im happy with it.
X
Hope the drive went well giddy.
How is everyone? X

Giddypants Fri 03-May-13 21:21:22

Those are just the cutest baby clothes ever! I love tatty teddy!
Drive down there not too bad Alex was in the sling all day and mainly just slept, Elliot was good for the majority of the day but got bored and whiny for the last hour. He had a go on a round-a-bout which he loved, and howled when we had to take him off so we went soon after then, it was a lovely day out and nice to do something a little different.

Picked el up from nursery today, he was demonstrating his cutting skills grin it's been the first time since I had Alex I think he was pleased to see me.

Liquid paraffin v old school, but if its working it has to be a good thing, have they given you an explanation why he is getting bunged up?

2old always love to hear from you, how are the ratbags? Hope they are all ok, and being boring (I like boring, it keeps me from rocking in the corner)

Well both boys in their cots (either side of my bed) and for the time being I have the bed to myself, which I know won't last but am I tired now hmm
Xxx

sneezecakesmum Fri 03-May-13 21:30:22

Hooray for the poo grin grin

I am tired and off to bed smile

Isitme1 Sun 05-May-13 10:43:37

Aren't they cute!!
I've nearly washed all of ds1 baby clothesIn size 0-3months. Ive got some more coming from dm as I gave her some for lil bro.
This baby has a full wardrobe already lol.

Aww thats good the kids were good. Sometimes theu just want to get home!

We've not had anymore poo as od yet so fx.
Need to get out to get some things. I want to bf but express it. So need a pump and bottles. Ive got a steriliser (stopped using steriliser last month for ds syringes now I jist soak them in boiling water)
X

Isitme1 Sun 05-May-13 10:47:13

Ive been thinking again about birthing options. Im scared that the same will happen but I want to try (?!) I think im going to ask whats the odds it happening again as body doesn't dilate I will have to be induced as im not going through the contractions if its doing nothing. I might say if ive not progressed every 3 hours then c section? It took over 24hours to go from 1 to 3cm.
Lets see what they say on the 13th
X

Giddypants Sun 05-May-13 12:14:26

I may be biased but I cant recommend a c section enough I was able to actually enjoy child birthsmile and I really think that as alex had a peace full entrance into the world he is more chilled as a result. just my theory grin
feeling a bit sorry for myself dh has gone to help his parents and left me on my own I know their need is greater than mine so just need to get on with it.
alex has lost the ability to sleep on his ownhmm so can't do much with el when its just me cue the guilt trip.
its such a lovely day out may just go and spend some money o somethinggrin

Giddypants Sun 05-May-13 12:15:03

did you have a c section last time?

2old2beamum Sun 05-May-13 13:33:35

*gogiddygo" spend that money sod the consequences.
I feel sad for you both and your inlaws it so hard watching anyone suffer Alex and sleep wry smile.Hope Elliot is ok and is still fine with the new baby. Enjoy these days they pass so quickly sad

DGD can't really comment on C Sections they were only done in an emergency in my day. You must do what is right for you. What does DH think? How is my lovely DGGS hope he is pooping now?

Hope you are well oldsneeze how is your DS and OF. Managed to get in the garden for a couple of hours I'm knackered so OF is getting dinnergrin
Rest of the troup are fine apart from a few siezures but heyhey. If I didn't like the heat should have stayed out of the kitchen
XX

Isitme1 Sun 05-May-13 21:26:00

Nope didnt have a csection last time I was in labour from Monday to friday body wsnt dilating itself and was supposed to be induced...
After ds came out my 'insides' came out after (inverted uterus? ) and had to have emergency surgery plus hemorrhage and infection in stitches.
Im scared of having a big cut in tummy and not being able to move. Ds1 os very dependant on me and I think a vaginal delivery would be less painful if it was different from the 1st time?
X
Bet the garden looks nice granny. Glad the weather is looking better!
X

Giddypants Tue 07-May-13 19:52:43

OMG! Can they guarantee it not happening again? If not then I personally would opt for a section. The way I see it is if it were to happen again then it would mean more surgery and more trauma for you both mentally and physically. And you being unable to help DS. Whereas if you had a planned section, yes you will be out of action for a while but you can put measures into place beforehand call upon family and friends if needed.
That's just me but I like to plan ahead and be organised smile if they could guarantee that it wouldn't happen again, then if you feel happier with a normal birth, then do that.
Trying to get babies to sleep gggrrrr

2old2beamum Tue 07-May-13 20:52:57

There speaketh the young nurse grin I think Giddy speaks sense. I did find 2nd and 3rd vaginal delivery quicker ..... less painful??????
How is my DGGS?

Giddy about sleep deprivation haven't slept well since permanent nights but not helped by having Ben and the rest 32 years ago yes I know I know if I couldn't stand the heat I should have stayed out of the kitchen grin How is your FIL? Hope you are all well smile
How is your mum she has been quiet (she is not under the patio is she)All well here gearing up for next week 8 appts in 5 days .

Sleep well you scallywags

Giddypants Wed 08-May-13 08:13:43

Sorry I was going to come back and post some more, but I had to take Alex downstairs to get him asleep in the sling as he was not having the nursing to sleep (yes behold my shiny rod!grin)
I thought I had lost Elliot at 1 am he came into my bed at around 11 I got up to feed Alex at 1 looked around and he was nowhere to be seen, cue crazy panic about where he was, he only wiggled himself under his blanket and was laying with his head against his cot bars (horizontal to my vertical) and half way down the bed!
Poor FIL he is having more bad days than good of late sad thankfully he still recognises family but the confusion is getting more and the lucid moments getting less. DH found out yesterday that as well as the 3 brain mets he also has stomach mets, and is probably the reason why he's not eating. Bloody hate cancer, I think over the last 4 months he is just the shadow of who he previously was, they are having to give up dancing this week (both qualified ballroom and sequence dancers) they met at a dance and have been dancing for 40+ years.
He's back from the hospice now and I don't think he'll agree to go back in tbh he said he was being held prisoner.

I think I'm very rarely sleep deprived these days, I think nearly 5 years of no sleep has trained me well for the arrival of Alex, but even then it's ell who needs more attention, but he is manageable, was talking to dh last night and when Alex is 6 months and hopefully sleeping through he is going to move into his own room, and if he wakes dh can see to him and I'll resume with el.
Right I best get out of bed and read for the school run.
Sorry for rambling, oh mum is ok not sure why she isn't posting???? Will have words.

Isitme1 Wed 08-May-13 09:20:56

I was talking to dh about it yesterday. He thinks that because hes here this time nothing bad is going to happen but he really listened yesterday. I dont think I will sleep properly until monday. Will ask mum to come with again as I will need tge support. Didnt sleep last night as I was thinking about ds birth.
Then ds got ill. His temp stayed at 38.8 last night despite being in just a thin short nd vest and we had the fan on too cool him down too. Going to take him walk in centre. He keeps saying tummy hurts he got kicked twice in his tummy at peg site but cousin but he also sounds like he has sore throat or urine infection wee stinks or its coz hes not poo'd since that day+ not having his proper clear out .

Granny 8 appointments in 5 days?! Wow. Good luck!
Sleep deprived? I think us sn mothers learn to live with little sleep. Mum kept complaining that lil bro didnt sleep through. I said 2 and half years on ds still doesn't sleep through every night at least 3/7nights hes up with something or the other.

Must get the cleaning done lol
X

sneezecakesmum Wed 08-May-13 21:53:01

I am here and alive and kicking. been busy cooking 48 frozen dinners for elibear (blending so a bit of a faff, at it till 11 pm last night!) Want to go to bed now and watch penultimate episode of The Following and scare the crap out of myself!

Hugs to 2old and all the helliish traipsing to appointments. Elli taught himself to say bbbb by making an awful lot of very strange faces and said baba buva (baby brother). Told Jess all that gurning would pay dividends grin

Isitme ...two words..... cee section! Anything else is madness. Hope little DS has got some treatment for his wee/throat. This age they pick everything up. BD seems to have given Elli some resistance (touch wood) as well as endless snotty nose kids lovely children at nursery! Was little DSs meningitis group strep B...it is preventable, did you know?? I have a thing about it, should be on NHS ..tight b**ds .

We are all OK here...funny story about my grown up DS. A good few years ago, but he was burgled, and the policewoman said...lord, they've made quite a mess here! DS...Oh yes [innocent face] The burglar only stole the games console and the mess was the usual state of his house, not ransacked at all! grin He still cant do housework! Stuff I left on his windowsill a year ago is still there! Think its the adult equivalent of ADHD! grin

Giddypants Thu 09-May-13 03:07:25

DH got a call from SIL just after midnight, saying that FIL breathing had changed, so he has gone over, I packed him an over night bag yesterday as it sounded like FIL had got dramatically worse over the day.
So I'm awake now, my boobs about to explode and all Alex is doing is sleeping and farting!

Isitme, your DH how ever well intended can not predict or prevent anything bad from happening. My DH was with me when ds1 was born and things went tits up! I know he is trying to put you at ease but unless he has a crystal ball he can't predict what kind of birth you will have. Have a chat to your obs consultant and tell them all your fears and ask them what they would do. Sorry for being blunt, I don't mean to offend just want you and your little one to have a safe arrival smile

2old, 8 appointments! Eek and how or WHY did you do permanent nights you mad woman you grin I hate the bloody things, thankfully I don't do them anymore, well except with the kiddies!
Ok Alex is stirring now so off to feed him night night xx

Isitme1 Thu 09-May-13 09:42:45

Hope fil is ok.
Awww thats really nice to hear that hes interacting with the baby.
Giddy they don't have it in writing about what happened last time as the other hosp where I had ds hasnt replied toany of the letters this hosp has sent. So they are just taking my word for it and they aren't taking it serious enough.
They didn't do anything at walk in centre apart from say he could be getting tonsillitis.

Ds didnt latch on properly and came out ib spots after bf so im going for expressing bf. Im looking at the medela harmony breast pump.

Going with mum to lil bros appointment tomorrow and then hopefully she will come with me ib mine on Monday and ds has appointment on Wednesday.. not as busy as grannys week though!
How is everyone? X

2old2beamum Fri 10-May-13 22:03:42

Hi all you little Tinkers,
Giddy all I can hope is your FIL is in no pain don't know what else to say except my thoughts are with you all. I expect Elliot and Alex keep you focused.Hope little Alex is sleeping a little better and keeping your boobs soft grin
Why did I do permanent nights, Childcare with 3 DC's under 4 no child care in the 70's so split nights (7 over 14) was the only solution. I MUST HAVE BEEN MAD still am grin seriously we would have sunk financially. OF was doing a degree and working. Am convinced nights was a contributary factor to my breast cancer.

DGD so glad you are going to BF know nothing about pumps now. Hope DGGS is OK and appts went ok this week with both the LO's

Oldsneeze can identify with you DS 2 of my homegrowns lived in chaos one was OK. They are all quite tidy now (or do they tidy up before the old harridan arrives)

Sleep well (with a little luck)xxx

sneezecakesmum Sat 11-May-13 17:08:24

20ld. apparently permanent nights is a big health risk, so yes I agree with you on that one. sad I did them for a few years part time but not too bad for me as weekends only. In the 'olden times' when we were gals, the NHS did not bend over backwards to allow part time etc. so it was full time only and if you couldn't get childcare, crappy nights were the only option!

Poor DDs FIL is fading away so v stressful for her DH sad

DD and her DH managed to get out for a few hours to watch eddie izzard grin yesterday so I babysat confused How on earth can a baby poo so much and drink 4 bottles of bm in 5 hours shock Poor old ellibear has a temp this morning and puking a bit but otherwise OK so cuddling and snoozing on the sofa smile

take care all xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now