Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Gastrostomy support thread no.2! Tubefed children support thread

(973 Posts)
Isitme1 Sun 25-Nov-12 14:44:35

Welcome to thread no.2!!!

Everyone sign in please so we all know who is here

X

gallivantsaregood Mon 18-Feb-13 22:19:57

Hi everyone. Just a wick check in before we embark on our exciting journey to get to know DS2......

Isitme and Giddy everything crossed for some smooth pregnancy time for you both. Tell those babies that boring is GOOD!!!

Will check in soon when I am mummy to 2 :-D
Xxxxx

sneezecakesmum Mon 18-Feb-13 23:51:44

Last cleared out knicker drawer 10 years ago so frilliies are from then!!

Galli. Thrilled about DS 2 you will be soooo busy now!

Dd on her way home. Not in labour . I am shattered ....need my bed and cocoa!

Isitme1 Tue 19-Feb-13 09:23:45

Sneeze glad giddy and baby are well.
I must admit I dont own a pair of red frilly undies lol
Ive been having a lot of pain lower abdomen which has me thinking bladder/kidney infection plus loadd of burning while urinating.
If mw says nothing I will scream at her!
Granny and gali boring is good but if our dc were boring we would have nothing to talk about lol.

Very excited for you gali
X

sneezecakesmum Wed 20-Feb-13 12:25:59

Isitme..take a urine sample and insist on a proper test. Urine infections in pg must always be tested. Also look into testing for group strep b. it can cause meningitis in newborns. Not wanting to worry you but it's easily avoidable if testing is done. Should be routine but that's me and my soapbox!

2old2beamum Wed 20-Feb-13 14:08:39

Well done oldsneeze someone needs to tell her. Seriously though don't they test lady's urine at every AN clinic or midwife visit? It is just as important as BP well it was in my day sad

LO's off to respite this afternoon and guess what I feel guilty.

Hope tou are all happy.

sneezecakesmum Wed 20-Feb-13 21:05:22

2old dont feel guilty. Hot bath, read a book in the bath (decadence ++) drinking your favourite wine grin

DGS has put on nearly a lb in a week on BD and looks rounder every day. Poo has nearly returned to normal smile

Will only be happy when baby is guaranteed a healthy life. DGSs CP is cured. Old fart learns to make a decision for himself that I dont disagree with and DS CLEANS OUT THE CAT LITTER TRAY DAILY NOT MONTHLY!! Actually will just settle for the sun to shine and warm my bones and birds sing in the leafy trees...falalala!

2old2beamum Wed 20-Feb-13 22:15:56

Oldsneeze you crack me up

Second what you say about a healthy life and may the birds sing etc traalaa.

What I really wanted to say was Dietician visited today and I mentioned about blended diet and she replied if she had a child tube fed she would definitely use blended dietshock But she is a gem!!

ME GOING TO BED

Alamaya Thu 21-Feb-13 08:32:29

Mummy to a 15 week old here who has had his NG tube for around 3 weeks.
He takes 1-2oz himself every 3 hours, but we have to top him up to make sure its 2oz using the bolus. On a really poor feed we use the pump.

Hes on Ranitidine, Domeperidone and Gaviscon for severe reflux.

At his worst he got malnourished and even at 15 weeks we are only at 8lb 9oz from a birth weight of 6lb 13oz. He still cant lift his head due to weakness.

Anyway heeeeey smile

Isitme1 Thu 21-Feb-13 09:56:55

Alamaya youve done brilliant in getting your dc help very quick.
My ds was 18 months before they took him seriously. The ranitidine didn't work for him but hes on a massive dose of omeperzole. He still refluxs a lot but we know that he's not damaging his oesophagus along the way.

Oh and welcome to the group smile

Sneeze and granny I took urine with me and it was almost red. She said it was fine. She said I should be induced because of my kidney problems.
Later on on the same day I rang gp for follow up results on urine done2 weeks ago. It showed I had infection. They did nothing because I was supposed to be on the nitrofurontin long term but the consultant changed it cephalexin and didn't inform gp. Well im only resistant to the bloody thing aren't I!! Gp receptionist said your resistant to that so it won't work and its only sensitive to the nitrofurontin. I cried my eyes out due to pain and left ddietician a nasty message because she wont put the y port on repeat delivery andds milk bag got stuck on the y port (kept doing it bbefore but managed to pull it off but on that same shit day it was proper stuck)
Cant complain about today. Ds kept waking up last night and wouldn't go back to sleep. I woke up made dh a cuppa and went back to sleep for an hour and half smile ds still asleep x

Isitme1 Sat 23-Feb-13 18:08:14

?????? .
Hellooooo
X

giddypants Sat 23-Feb-13 19:26:53

Hello, hope everyone is ok.
All ok here except Elliot's peg site leaking a bit, just haemoserous fluid but looking a bit bloody and sore, going to dress it with dexamethasone and gauze which usually clears it up, just wondering if this is normal? I used to have to dress it once a month now it's dressed 4 days out of 7.

Will give the nurse a ring Monday anyway as the dexamethasone is running out anyway.
All ok here, had a bit of a scare Monday but just turned out to be braxton hicks, (mild contractions my ass!!)

DH turns 40 tomorrow so just been out for tea with a few friends.
So tired now though!

Isitme1 Sat 23-Feb-13 22:13:27

Giddy try orabase.
It stops a lot of leaks.
Happy birthday to your dh
Have had toothache this week. Arghh.
Find out on Monday what we're having smile.
Ds isnt too bad. Looks a lil pale but is ok.
X
How Is everyone?
X

Isitme1 Sun 24-Feb-13 17:00:53

Giddy did you everfeel insecure?
I just feel like a fat whale. And im only 19 weeks.
These past few days there was a family wedding going on and I just felt yuk
Dh never once said you look nice and I put an effort into it all.
That made me feel worse.
X

giddypants Sun 24-Feb-13 18:55:20

I get what you mean with the feeling like a whale! We went to a family wedding when I was about 19 weeks travelled the length of the country and stayed in a hotel etc. I spent a long time getting ready, just had clothes to put on and we had a massive argument because DH let DS roll off the bed, cue a lot of crying and me shouting at DH etc, so he never told me I looked nice etc.

I have found this pregnancy very hard with the tiredness and the sickness and of course the worry, and I just don't think other people get that, I'm sure DH thinks I'm being lazy when I need a bit of rest but I'm just exhausted.

I've been worrying about him wanting this baby, I knew he wanted a girl, (so did everyone) but when we found he was a boy I could feel his disappointment, he hasn't really wanted to feel him kick or move as much as when I was carrying El, not spoked to the bump, not really shown ant affection towards him, until last night. When we were going out to see a few friends, I was all dressed up waddling down the stairs, and he kissed the bump when I got near! I really could have cried. I just don't think it's very real for men until the baby arrives (especially the second, the novelty has worn off with the reality of the first lol)

I don't feel insecure in the way DH feels about me, I know my body has changed but we try and laugh about it, we were cleaning out my knicker draw and came across a receipt for some underwear he bought me when we first got together (10 years ago) it said size 8 fancy pants or something of the sort. We had to laugh because previously that day we'd popped into m&s and I bought some size22 full briefs for my hospital bag!
I think DH knows when I'm feeling down about myself or something and he tries to pull me out of it.
The insecurities I have are in my head and I try to keep them hidden, I know I'm a bit on the big side, but I'm putting myself through this for something so worth it in the end. (--And if DH doesn't appreciate it I'll be tanning his hide--)

Isitme1 Sun 24-Feb-13 20:01:48

I did what he liked and he still said nothing.
Hes never seen me this big as due ti visa problems he couldn't be with me. During the 1st pregnancy he saw me at 8weeks a nd then I came home and he came here when ds was a month old.
I just feel like hes uninterested and would rather be with ex. She was also at the wedding.
I dont want him to take it the wrong way if I mention it and if I don't it will eat away at me

Secretly I want a girl but wouldn't mind q boy as long as they are healthy. He put his hand on my bump himself for the first time today smile
X

giddypants Sun 24-Feb-13 21:20:03

Maybe just ask him how he's feeling about everything in general, don't mention how you feel about you and his ex, she's an ex for a reason and he is with you.
Try to be open and honest with him and let him know that your not feeling at your best right now and some reassurance from him would make you feel better.
I think having a baby can be quite daunting especially as he wasn't around for the first one.

DH (and everyone else) has come round to the babe being a boy, and like you say just hoping and praying that he is healthy and everything goes to plan.

Isitme1 Mon 25-Feb-13 08:49:09

We had a bit of a talk last night.
I asked him if this was the biggest hes seen me (when we met i was around 3stone lighter lol as I didn't lose much after ds1) he said he know being heavier is going to make my health worse and he can't say anything yet as im pg. He said once weve had baby we will both lose weight together. I already had my mind made up much more than last time as I know I will feel better after ive recovered then I can start thinking about losing weight. I used to eat a lot more than what I eat now when dh wasn't here out of comfort. Now I eat 3 meals a day and no snacks in between.
Thats how I quite smoking lol when I met dh as I didnt need the comfort any more. Sometimes I feel im being a fool.
Hes not very big on the whole showing emotions so it would be nice to hear I love you once in a while. .
Ah well.
Will see what his reaction is today at the scan. Might make it a bit more real for him smile .
Mw said due to kidney problems I will be induced so In guessing 38 weeks? And im putting foot down for c section.
X

giddypants Mon 25-Feb-13 18:12:48

Yes definitely state that you want a section, if that is what you'd feel most happy with!
Glad you and DH managed to have a chat, nothing worse than things praying on your mind.
How did the scan go? I have another one on Thursday, had whooping cough vaccine as well today, feeling a bit warm now so maybe having a bit of a reaction?
Busy all week, at least 1 appointment everyday, except Friday, and DS has started going 5 mornings a week to nursery so up early every morning.
DH had a good birthday but missed seeing his dad, he has terminal cancer and has good and bad days, the funny thing is the minute he turned 40 he did his back in lol (shouldn't laugh) x

Isitme1 Mon 25-Feb-13 19:22:40

Scan went well. Dc was a bugger. Kept covering face lol. Lady shook bump twice to get baby to move.
Giddy seems we are in same position lol.
Its a boy. I saw his tickle tackle lol

And she confirmed it smilestill nice as I have a few names in mind for a lad.
X

giddypants Mon 25-Feb-13 20:48:10

Aw that's lovely, at least we know what to do with boys lol x

sneezecakesmum Mon 25-Feb-13 22:01:41

This thread is officially renamed the tube fed/pregnant ladies thread!! grin

Hope little baby alamaya starts to put on weight soon. Reflux seems to be a big issue with small babies recently but at least it is being picked up better before babies becaome food averse. Have you been offered milk thickeners? Silly as it sounds it the milk is 'heavier' it doesnt reflux quite so much. We do blended diet smile real food down the tube..simples. 15 weeks is too young to wean i guess but we have folks on the fb tube feeding site who wean using tubes!

2old. I like the cut of your dieticians jib (whatever that means!) Can we have her?

Ten oclock...bedtime!

Isitme1 Tue 26-Feb-13 08:33:07

Lol. Hes been kicking most of the morning and when ever dh put his hand on bump he'd stop.
He kept covering his face yesterday while she was scanning me lol.

Sneeze you have to be pg to join in this convo wink
Hope granny is well. Not heard from her or gali in a while.

Ds got appointment to see surgeon tomorrow? Dont have a clue why but will go along to see what they say.

Its birthday on Friday and dh came from work yesterday and actually remembered about birthday and asked what I wanted.
I waa shocked he remembered lol. We've decided to go shopping to aa fancy shopping centre and a nice meal smilesounds good to me. Might fit cinemas in too lol.
X
How is everyone and dc?
X

Isitme1 Wed 27-Feb-13 19:23:58

Seem to be eating my own words recently. Haven't felt movements since last night early hours this morning. Slightly worried.
How is everyone?
Ds seems to be in more pain with reflux amd is bringing up food that je ate orally 12 before.
X

giddypants Wed 27-Feb-13 19:49:45

Try not to worry too much this one went quiet for a few days at a time, but I realised when I had a scan and gave me a really big kick and I couldn't feel it that he must just be in a well covered position IYKWIM. But if you haven't felt anything by the morning maybe give your mw a ring? I found that both mine woke up just as I was going to bed!

DS is ok 2 appointments down today, SALT was good and said that his understanding is good, it's just trying to find ways for him to demonstrate that he does know everything things.

Also had his MMR booster, they tried to make him have another MMR next month as he hasn't had the combined jab at 13 months, instead he had the single vaccines, they said that they don't recognise it! Well I do and so does my purse, didn't say that just stated that he will only be having the 1 booster. grin bless him he was very good, no crying.

Growth scan tomorrow morning for me and that should be it until Monday.

giddypants Wed 27-Feb-13 19:52:30

Does he take domperidone? As that is supposed to make his gut work a bit faster. Not as good as metaclopramide, but that's not recommended for children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now