Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Fantastic new intervention, works for all kids!!!!!!

(43 Posts)
mariamma Thu 11-Oct-12 18:55:43

Aha! Off to wool shop! And next time i'm up at the county council HQ will be grabbing a packet of seeds and doing this

zzzzz Thu 11-Oct-12 10:22:54

"early intervention" grin Brilliant!

Forced carrot costumes for the carrotesque. Ooooooo yeh!

Please tell me there is a carrot version of doing this

www.google.co.uk/search?q=yarn+bombing&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=i492UKSJO6fA0QXgq4GoCQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=768&bih=928

FangsGoForTheMaidensThroat Thu 11-Oct-12 07:58:06

dD would love glancing at that carrot then throwing it away!

inappropriately, -0 I think perhaps we should refuse to attend any mediation unless the LA staff are dressed like that.

"Bag of lies, shite and complete bollocks".

Oh yes. That lifted the spirit of MNSN board for weeks!

GhostofMammaTJ Wed 10-Oct-12 23:53:09

Can I volunteer an ex friend to wear a carrot suit to be passed around us mums to be stuck with hat pins please?

My friend had just got a diagnosis of ADHD for her DS. This idiot, we shall call him carrot man, kept saying 'I'll have a word with him, he'll listen to me' and grabbing every opportunity to berate the poor child about his (admittedly very bad) behaviour and tell him to improve.

I am so glad carrot man was out of my life by the time my DD started showing signs.

Anyway, good candidate?

mariamma Wed 10-Oct-12 23:49:13

Think I'll get one for dc3's cot. Early intervention is key.

Y'know, even tho this one seems at least semi-NT at the mo, but you can't be too careful wink

coff33pot Wed 10-Oct-12 23:15:40

I love it! Just the ticket! grin

zzzzz Wed 10-Oct-12 23:12:15

grin

The best thing about you geese is you really GET the carrot thing.

inappropriatelyemployed Wed 10-Oct-12 23:09:16

Or maybe we could also dress like this

zzzzz Wed 10-Oct-12 23:07:52

The carrot of fear!

I love the thought of professionals quaking at the sight of a stuffed carrot. grin

Perhaps there will come a time when even a sliver of carrot cake will do the job.

(do you think we should warn ikea they my have a run on stuffed carrots)

mariamma Wed 10-Oct-12 22:54:45

Can you imagine the scene at tribunal "Oh no, they've got a carrot, sh*t, you know what that means, quick, call the barrister"

mariamma Wed 10-Oct-12 22:52:35

I have a post-it in ds's 'important meeting files'. On it is written (in tiny writing) "Bag of lies, shite and complete bollocks". I stick it discreetly on anything which really upsets or annoys me.

This is in honour of the regular poster who accidentally sent the LEA her own annoted copy with her honest personal assessment of their EP's rather optimistic report grin.

inappropriatelyemployed Wed 10-Oct-12 22:43:06

I think we should see who dares take them to ARs, Tribunals or other 'important' SEN stuff.....neatly placed on a table or poking helpfully out of a handbag or even poised, ready to make suggestions, pen in hand!

Maybe that should become the name of my blog (when I get round to doing it!) or have trademarked it Star!

coff33pot Wed 10-Oct-12 21:41:41

Haha! I must have one! grin

Zzzzz goose kissing a carrot ???? Haha!

BeeMom Wed 10-Oct-12 20:04:13

Can someone tell me how to share a picture here? I HAVE to contribute something I made for DS at Easter a couple of years ago... He has a "mildly" warped sense of humour, and so he got a zombie bunny with its pet dead carrot... he still keeps the ruddy thing on his bed grin

Yes. Keep quiet and listen. Always.

TheTimeTravellersWife Wed 10-Oct-12 19:24:42

It is a Year 5 AR, when we have to think about secondary transfer - so everyone will be attending! I plan to keep schtum and see what they have to say...I will probably be better off talking to my carrot.

Me too. I thinking it is unlikely that the LA will attend so would love to take CC as their representative.

TheTimeTravellersWife Wed 10-Oct-12 19:17:06

I SO want to take one to DDs Annual Review meeting!

OMG I would LOVE to see a carrot going round in circles getting nowhere whilst running out of energy!!

inappropriatelyemployed Wed 10-Oct-12 19:07:47

Or pin it to a Catherine wheel...grin You see that thought makes me feel brighter already.

bochead Wed 10-Oct-12 19:03:27

Or alternatively we could wait till bonfire night and see what happens when you do stick a rocket up a carrots jacksie. wink

Or we could burn it on top the bonfire while sharing s'mores & a jug of mulled wine (for those SN's Mums with less than 12 months experience of "the system", so just needing a gentle introduction to cc destruction techniques at this stage, as I think this is far to civilised to have any theraputic benefit for the rest of us).

TheLightPassenger Wed 10-Oct-12 18:44:25

with extra drinks for each mention of Einstein.

I think that it also needs for the current carrot holder to inform the group of something that the caring carrot had said to them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now