Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Draft SEN legislation - worrying!

(318 Posts)
AgnesDiPesto Tue 02-Oct-12 20:22:18

SOSSEN views on draft legislation here

If you have views you can submit them to Ambitious About Autism by 11 October here although probably other routes too.

SOSSEN urging everyone to complain to their MP about removing parental rights.

Yes. That's what I need. Someone to tell me what to do, what to research or what to compile.

Ds is safe (for now) and I've taken up a bit of cleaning and baking and we have a family life at last but I'm still so bloody cross about what is happening.

ArthurPewty Tue 23-Oct-12 21:52:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AgnesDiPesto Tue 23-Oct-12 21:54:05

Yes well maybe I will start next week grin. Then again I can channel my inner rage into something constructive.

HotheadPaisan Tue 23-Oct-12 23:00:17
inappropriatelyemployed Tue 23-Oct-12 23:34:40

Would it be ok to suggest people PM me if interested ( if you haven't already)? I have some ideas but would love to chat them through in an email group or email exchange.

ArthurPewty Wed 24-Oct-12 07:59:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

norfolkhiboux Thu 25-Oct-12 15:01:29

group not a bad idea.
I picked up a spare ticket to the Westminster Briefing on Tuesday, there was an LA Rep from Bromley Pathfinder telling the mainly LA audiance that all parents currently on a statement could not expect a new EHC plan. So not everyone who has a statement now will have an equivallant under the new system. Pretty much what IPSEA and MN are saying. Its not great for parents. lunnch wasn't great , but suppose a freebie.

TheTimeTravellersWife Fri 02-Nov-12 14:00:01

Thought you may like to know that the Education Select Committee are hearing further evidence on Tuesday, 6th November 2012.
www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/education-committee/news/sen-oral-evidence-session-2/

Still no representative from IPSEA or similar though.

inappropriatelyemployed Fri 02-Nov-12 17:27:33

Thanks TimeTraveller. I am at the House on Wednesday so, frustratingly, will miss this or I would have popped along.

It is annoying that there is no witness from IPSEA listed yet. Perhaps it is planned for a later session.

I was astonished at the last session that county directors of education were saying things like 'we tell parents we don't have the resources to issue statements'. There was no acknowledgement that this is, of course, entirely unlawful.

But MPs aren't experts and there was no one else there to pick up on it - not even the deputy director of the Council for Disabled Children.

pinkorkid Fri 02-Nov-12 19:37:08

Says it is the final evidence gathering session so looks like no input from ipsea or any further interested parties, unless I've misread it.

Yes, final evidence.

norfolkhiboux Tue 05-Feb-13 16:00:30

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

inappropriatelyemployed Tue 05-Feb-13 18:05:07

I have posted a link to the new bill under another thread but as this one has been resurrected, I shall post it here.

Is this yet another SEN Legal advert? Sorry if I sound suspicious but it is very strange to drag up a very old thread to flag up Melissa Nettleton's talk

flowwithit Tue 05-Feb-13 19:31:54

This is really bad news! My Ds has average IQ too but what good is that if you can't write or spell well and if you have problems with working memory and organising yourself as well as understanding instructions. If you find it difficult to cope in a busy school because of sensory problems and poor social communication and you then suffer from anxiety and panic attacks! What good is average IQ then? How can they say you don't need support. I will also be sending the template letter to MP.

inappropriatelyemployed Tue 05-Feb-13 20:04:14

Sorry, not sure where the average IQ bit is in the bill? Isn't that something circulated earlier on in this discussion.

flowwithit Tue 05-Feb-13 20:19:47

Yes I did read that on earlier posts but I'm now on IPSEA looking at it properly as I didn't have time earlier. Sorry if I have confused anyone by not doing my homework properly smile

inappropriatelyemployed Tue 05-Feb-13 20:25:44

We'll let you off!

norfolkhiboux Wed 06-Feb-13 10:20:31

sorry, just wanted to share the experience that as parents we had a month ago at Tribunal and high light for other mums and dads a usefull talk that may have helped them, will remember that posts are just meant to slag people off and share bad experinces and negative comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now