Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Cambian schools - any experience?

(4 Posts)
schoolworry Thu 27-Sep-12 19:38:28

Need to find secondary school for ds and cannot see anything suitable in the area. A new Cambian school is opening about 25 miles away that looks quite good. How much do they cost (residential) and how hard is it to get a place there?

Several pupils from my special school have gone on to residential schools in the Cambian group. All have severe autism (mostly non verbal, challenging behaviour) and the feedback from parents has been very good indeed.
However they are VERY expensive (understandably given the nature of expertise needed for some extremely complicated needs).. talking in the 100 thousand+ for some of the full time places. The LEA here funds them only when there is nothing remotely suitable or available locally. But very worth fighting for if your son's needs fit their profile and his needs can't be met elsewheresmile

Inaflap Thu 27-Sep-12 20:24:49

The last two I visited were £100,000 per year. We went for a cheaper alternative as I did not think my son who was borderline mainstream/special quite merited it.

Unholygrouse Fri 04-Mar-16 11:22:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now