MAP meeting -how likely is the EHCP to be rejected?

(4 Posts)
Emochild Thu 14-Jul-16 08:43:33

Dd has suffered from severe anxiety for 2 years, severely impacting her attendance and resulting in school refusal

The school has been unable to measure any progress for the last 2 years

I believe the panel will expect to see a number of interventions by the school that have not been successful

School have done nothing apart from have one conversation with her asking if anything at school was bothering her and she told them no

Dd will be starting a new school in September -is it likely that the EHCP will be rejected, and will we find out the same day?

Meeting is tomorrow

Emochild Thu 14-Jul-16 21:36:30

Bump

Msqueen33 Thu 14-Jul-16 21:42:41

Do you have the support of the school? Because they'll need to evidence what they've done and how her need is greater than other students her age.

Hugs it's stressful isn't it. I have one with an ehcp and I've applied for my youngest but as she doesn't go to school until next year we've been bumped into October and basically told to reapply then.

Emochild Thu 14-Jul-16 23:15:45

School have said that they've attempted to support a return to school through a phased return but that's it

They didn't take any action until we'd reached total school refusal despite her attendance being in the 70s all with odd days off with migraines, stomach aches and panic attacks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now