CEASE therapy

(5 Posts)
womdering Fri 01-Apr-16 06:57:21

This was recently recommended
to me for my autistic son. He's 8. I wonder whether it's something anyone's heard of or just a 'cure' that may cost much and deliver little.
The practitioner is a: Homoeopath, Pharmacist, CEASE Therapist, Craniosacral Therapy, Reiki Master

I've cancelled the appointment as life is expensive enough with all I provide for him. However, I've a niggling feeling that I ought to follow it up as I've not much to lose. Others' experiences on this would be much appreciated.

PolterGoose Thu 07-Apr-16 16:14:44

Sounds like snake oil to me. It's homeopathy claiming to cure autism. As all scientific evidence so far has failed to cure autism (if it even could be cured) I think it would be a mahoosive waste of money. A holiday would probably be of more use.

I did use an osteopath for cranial osteopathy when ds was a baby and it did appear to help a lot for his sleep, so I'm not completely averse to a bit of unproven therapy!

womdering Fri 08-Apr-16 06:18:17

Thank you, Polter. So hard not to follow these things up, isn't it. As for a holiday- you're darn right!

Youarentkiddingme Fri 08-Apr-16 06:34:26

Never heard of it!

I agree with polter that some therapies can help - it I think it helps more with the symptoms - eg CO to improve sleep. But those therapies also do the same for people who don't have autism and have the same result iyswim?

Therapies can improve an understanding and gain an insight into what the child understands and what inputs get a better output. But it's more about coping mechanisms and how skills are learnt - it's never going to rewire the brain back to the same neurology as an nt brain.

womdering Fri 08-Apr-16 06:47:14

Thank you.

I'm at a loss. Things are hard. Very. I don't want to post in detail for fear of being recognised as what's happened to him is so appalling but I'd appreciate a chat to help me to see through the dark. Polter, if you've ever a moment to chat, let me know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now