Asd primary provisions in west kent

(7 Posts)
Sammy1986 Sat 17-May-14 13:23:25

Can anybody recommend any asd primary provisions in west kent. My son has aspergers and the LA are trying to place him in a BESD school which also takes children with ASD, however my son is quite vulnerable and easily led which causes concerns for him attending this type of provision. I'm struggling to find any alternatives....HELP

eatyourveg Fri 23-May-14 21:05:09

the phoenix centre in tonbridge - ds2 went there

also look at oakley primary also in tonbridge

Sammy1986 Sun 25-May-14 21:01:15

Thank you. The Phoenix is over subscribed and are not accepting any other children. Shall have a look into Oakley x

eatyourveg Sun 25-May-14 21:07:28

consider going on the waiting list for the phoenix centre if having visited it you like it - children do move in and out throughout the year, some go over into mainstream full time at cage green, others move over to full time ss at ridge view - all of them are on the same site

Sammy1986 Sun 25-May-14 21:12:11

They wouldn't even let me come for a visit due to be over subscribed and the sheer amount of children they have on the waiting list. They told me that if they got sent any paperwork they would only say that they are not able to offer a place.
Just had a look at the Oakley school website, can't find what their admissions criteria is, do you know if they take children who are high functioning? X

tiredandsadmum Mon 16-Jun-14 12:53:44

I know people who have had ASD children in the state sector at Wrotham - St Georges and also Culverstone Green (head is fabulous there). Both State primaries to Yr 6.

MistyMeena Mon 16-Jun-14 12:56:35

Ifield in Gravesend?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now