Who can diagnose dyslexia?

(3 Posts)
Petal19 Wed 02-Apr-14 21:09:57

For 2/3 years now I have suspected my son may be dyslexic but have always been talked out of it by the school! At times his self esteem is so low it's heartbreaking. I have decided that we just need to know now but paying for it is going to be a struggle for us and the school have told me that they are only allowed 2 children to see an ed psych between now and end of school year and that he won't be one of them because of the academic progress he has made recently.

I have no idea where to start! Who can officially diagnose dyslexia, what is the cost likely to be and can anyone recommend someone in Hertfordshire?

Thank you

ArabellaRockerfella Thu 03-Apr-14 09:24:46

You can seek a private referral from an Educational Psychologist but these can be very expensive £300-400!
Some PATOSS trained tutors can make a diagnosis, you can find a local one here https://www.patoss-dyslexia.org
Or you can contact the British Dyslexia Association for help and support www.bdadyslexia.org.uk
Good Luck

dolfrog Sun 13-Apr-14 17:04:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now