Day 3 at secondary and dyslexic DS stressed

(3 Posts)
alimac87 Sun 08-Sep-13 12:09:03

Speak to school SEN co-ordinator straightaway. Secondary school is really stressful at the beginning, all that moving around. If all teachers know it's an issue they can give extra time or issue it another way. DD was saved by the online homework system - she'd have really struggles otherwise.

mumeeee Thu 05-Sep-13 16:10:29

I would have a word with the school. DD3 is Dyspraxic and always had trouble cooying from the board, She was given hand outs with the work on at the end of the lesson. She still copied as much as she could herself though.

grants1000 Thu 05-Sep-13 15:13:39

DS has just started secondary school and is already stressed/worried about having to copy from the board homework. He's also got hyperhydrosis (sweaty hands) and says he does not have enough time to copy it down before they all move on to break/next lesson, which make his hands sweatier when worried.

We have been working on shorthand, abbreviations etc but I wondered if school would let him take a picture of the board/homework, or let him use some dictation software?

He does not want to have to reply on his peers, some he harldy knows, to help, as it makes him feel too self concious.

I've not yet spoken to the shool about this just wondered if anyone else does this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now