This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Ergo - original or 360

(6 Posts)
MoonriseKingdom Mon 28-Nov-16 16:06:17

I am currently using a close caboo with my 2 month old. It has been really useful but as she gets bigger I find she slips down and is less comfortable. I was planning to get an Ergo in the next month or so - my friend loves hers. I wanted some advice on whether to buy the original or the 360.

The 360 is obviously a bit more expensive so I guess is only worth it if I would be likely to use the forward facing option. Do you think this is something useful? Are there down sides to the 360. Someone on another thread briefly mentioned it was less comfortable. I was a bit lacking in knowledge with my first child and had a baby bjorn type carrier - I know now these aren't recommended. It was OK until about 6 months but then got quite uncomfortable.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

julez12 Mon 28-Nov-16 21:21:28

look up a local sling library and try some diff styles/brands etc. we had an ergo original & i wasn't overly keen on it, DC did not like it at all. tula are a like ergo only they have lovely patterns & less likely to come across counterfeit ones

ElspethFlashman Mon 28-Nov-16 21:26:43

I liked my Ergo. It's very sturdy around the waist with a massive belt. It does make you feel a bit like you're wearing one of those weightlifting belts but it's padded so I didn't mind.

Easy to put on alone in a supermarket car park.

The pocket is surprisingly handy for your wallet/car keys.

The kids seemed to like it, they always fell asleep in it.

Wouldn't bother with forward facing, they can see plenty without it.

ElspethFlashman Mon 28-Nov-16 21:29:20

Downside is that it's a big piece of kit, doesn't fold up great.

And the sun shade bit is just flapping all the time and you wouldn't use it except in high summer tbh.

SassyPants19 Mon 28-Nov-16 21:32:12

I had a wrap during my early days with newborn baby and then once the little monkey became a chunky-monkey I stepped upto my Ergo 360 and I've not looked back. I wear him on the front a lot and have recently started wearing him on my back too. I used a Baby Bjorn with my first and they're miles apart - my back would hurt after 25mins with the Bjorn but with the ergo, I'll wear him for 3 hours straight and no pains at all.

MoonriseKingdom Mon 28-Nov-16 21:38:50

Thanks everyone. Think there is an NCT sling meet near me so I will go and try before I buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now