This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best baby carrier ?

(5 Posts)
Summ3r Tue 31-May-16 03:38:49

Hi my 11 day old suffers badly from wind pains and seams more comforted and settled on my chest. With her being my 3rs I also need to get things done so in thinking of getting a sling but I haven't a clue what one to get ! All opinions gratefully recieved as I've never used one before. Thanks

lalath Tue 31-May-16 05:54:20

I think when they're that tiny slings or stretchy wraps are great. I've been using an Oscha ring sling, which DD loved.

WIth DS I moved onto a Manduca, which I still think is the best carrier out there, and incredibly comfortable. DD hates it, though. She's only 3 months, and quite small for her age, so that's probably why - the Manduca works best from about 5 months, I found.

I'm now using an Ergo Ventus for DD - we live in a super hot and humid country, so I wanted the most breathable thing I could find.

I found the ring sling tricky to get the hang of at first, but with a bit of practice it was easy - certainly easier than the wrap I used with DS in the early days.

It's a very personal thing - what works best for you and for your baby. If you can, get to a sling library so you can try a few out before buying one.

Congratulations on your new baby smile

JimbosJetSet Tue 31-May-16 06:03:39

Have a look at the Ergo. It was the best baby related purchase I ever made. You can get a newborn insert for when they're tiny, and I could carry my very heavy 2 year old without difficulty when needed. There are a lot of fakes around though so be wary of purchasing second hand.

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Tue 31-May-16 06:21:02

I've been using a Close Caboo sling for DS since he was a newborn. It's nice and stretchy so he is snuggled on to me. Easy to use and comfortable to wear. For the first 8 weeks or so he was in it most of the time bar when he was feeding.

Summ3r Sun 05-Jun-16 21:19:56

Thank u so much I have ordered a stretchy wrap to see how we go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now