This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best sling for breastfeeding

(6 Posts)
Wrcgirl Mon 31-Aug-15 06:50:58

I'm due my second child and would like to be able to breast feed while having hands free to do other things, rather than being stuck on the sofa eternally as with first baby!

Any recommendations? More for use in home than out probably.

I did see a similar thread but it was for a large baby, hopefully mine will be 8lbs ish as last time.

Thanks

ThomasRichard Mon 31-Aug-15 07:24:01

The old-style Close wrap was good for me. I tried BFing in an Ergo but couldn't manage it. A ring-sling worked when DD was too big for the Close.

Wrcgirl Mon 31-Aug-15 16:37:23

Thanks smile will have a look for the close wrap

Wrcgirl Tue 01-Sep-15 21:43:35

Bump

firsttimemum15 Wed 24-Feb-16 18:09:20

I have a caboo . Can u hijack slightly to ask for advice on bf in sling I haven't been able to figure it out. I know what yo do but just can't get baby in the position. Anyone rldr mastered it

WingingItAlways Sat 26-Mar-16 16:06:20

I've tried bf in a woven wrap, a ssc and a ring sling.

For me, it was easier to master bf completely and wrapping before combining the two.

My son is 9 months old now and i'm happy bf in any carrier, whilst he was smaller though i preferred a ring sling for positioning, just loosen the rings slightly, move baby into the correct position and away you go.

With a ssc, depending on which one you have you may need to use an infant insert due to the weight of your baby, I didn't try these until my son was big enough to not use the insert so can't comment on feeding in them.

If you have a sling library near you i'd recommend visiting, or even joining one of the many facebook groups for babywearing. Most of the mums are lovely and helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now