This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Quick to put on carrier

(4 Posts)
MasterFlea Tue 12-Aug-14 11:07:43

Do you have a favourite carrier for rainy days?

I am using a mei tai for my 3 month old and I love it but today it was raining. I was trying to get baby out of the car, into the carrier and fastened in while it was lashing. I had pre empted and had it around my waist like an apron while I drove.

The ends of the straps were wet after being dropped on the ground and I was a sodden mess for taking so long getting baby tied in.

I've been looking at the Manduca. Is that quick to get sorted?

When baby gets his head control I will use a pouch for short periods.

SweetTeaVodka Wed 13-Aug-14 08:04:45

Haven't personally tried the Manduca, but most buckle carriers of that type and quick and easy to get on, in my experience. My favourite is the Connecta, a huge bonus of it being that it folds up nice and small to go into the changing bag. I also really like the Tula.

Do you have anywhere you could try them out?

A tip for mei tais and wraps in wet weather, if you have a car, is to open the boot and put the tails in there while wrapping.

MasterFlea Mon 18-Aug-14 06:23:20

Great tip about the boot. I'd never have thought of that.

Well I bought the Manduca yesterday. It is really comfy and fast to get on and off. My older dc will be disappointed that she can't use the straps as a skipping rope while I'm putting it on.

Thanks for the advice.

Tinnute Mon 01-Dec-14 17:09:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now