This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Good baby carrier for mum and dad to share?

(9 Posts)
squizita Fri 04-Jul-14 12:02:24

Pregnant with my 1st and got to 30 weeks, so shopping for essentials.

I live in London, having seen people struggle with travel systems on buses and tubes, whilst I will be buying one I would also like a good baby carrier as I have heard these are a godsend for the London based mum! DH is also very keen to carry baby.

There are so many reviews out there...
So ... any recommendations for a carrier (think DH would prefer a 'structured' Baby Bjorn style one to a sling IYSWIM), suitable from soon after birth, which is reasonably easy to adjust from short/petite mum size to average height/stocky dad - so easy to adjust buckles etc'?

Or would it be better to purchase one each?

Artandco Fri 04-Jul-14 12:03:41

Boba 4g

I've got a beco soleil. Dh hadn't used it yet but it's adjustable so will fit him too. Plus better for baby's hips than a baby Bjorn.

squizita Fri 04-Jul-14 12:51:49

Great thanks guys, will check them out. smile Yes I had heard that Baby Bjorn isn't as supporting as some brands on the hips so good to know Beco are good for that.

couldbeanyone Fri 04-Jul-14 12:54:58

Caveat - not tried this one myself - but have seen several people out and about with Ergo carriers recently, they look great.

usualnamechanger Fri 04-Jul-14 12:55:50

Manduca.

I have had a few and from newborn the only buckled carrier both DH and I got on with at that age was a Connecta. You can shorten and narrow the body of the carrier just by rolling it up and cinching it in with a buckle and and you can cross the straps at the back which makes it more versatile to fit both a male and female torso.

We have been known to share a Manduca too, but we didn't have it til DS was about 6 months old. Manducas also can be buckled with the straps crossed.

LegoClone Fri 04-Jul-14 13:02:15

I loved my Ergo but it didn't work for my DSs when they were newborn-3 months ish as neither of them liked being in the curled up position needed for the newborn insert to work. It was great once they were sitting up (from about 4 months) and the last time I used it with DS1 he was 4!

squizita Fri 04-Jul-14 16:53:03

Thanks guys, will check all these out. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now